Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pre-Game Thoughts: FAU vs UNT

Back to the top

Re: Pre-Game Thoughts: FAU vs UNT

I just hope the team doesnt go into this game a little over confident.
Back to the top

exactly!

NT is not as athletic as Minn…but we still need to stay focused…

i am very curious what type of offense we will "run"…well, i do think that will be a big part of it - the run…clock control, etc…

BUT i dont know how effective that will be if they are scoring in two minute drills like mInn did in the second half…we need to stay with an agressive passing game IMO…
Back to the top

I am not too concerned about the offense, I would really like to see the defense dominate another SBC team like they did vs. MTSU.  Our defense has had over 80 points and 1,000 yards of offense against it the last two weeks (granted against tough competition).  But I think we need to have defense show up in these conference games if we are going to have a shot at winning the SBC.  So lets control the line of scrimmage and force them into mistakes, would love to see a 17 point or under performance by our D.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I have to agree with you walty. Im very curious to see if our D will step it back up in this game.  I felt comfortable about the D fter the MTSU game. But after the last two games albeit against pretty good offensive teams they have me feeling a little uneasy at times.
Back to the top

Honestly i like the way our team is looking this year!  As long as we are able to hold on to the lead we should be fine.  I feel that if fau where to get behind the team will slow down just a little bit.  But other than that i still hold on to my predictions!
Back to the top

this game scares me a little bit just because I'm afraid they will go in thinking it's a sure win and we all know there's no such thing as a sure thing. I know UNT gave up a boat load of passing yards their past few games and they didn't exactly play against a top notch D, just hope our offense can move the ball so our D gets a chlance to rest I have a feeling since they have no run game he'll be passing it a lot and our DB's will be busy and tired…. Hope I'm wrong

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

We need to establish the running at one point in this game, when we run the ball effectively, it usually equates into a W.

On defense, let's not forget, Minn. had a pretty potent offense and the Defense did a pretty good job and you can only hold an xplosive offense down for so long - the problem lies with the special teams that did nothing to help our Defense, by allowing the Gophers some great field position most of the day.  They had some pretty good players on offense that will make plays - tackling could have been better in the second half, but hey, it ended with a victory.
Back to the top

Pre-Game Thoughts: FAU vs UNT

I hate to say this but i'm worried about this game. After beating Minnesota- their heads are held so high still that there not coming down. They have been extremely cocky ever since the win and its going to screw them over big time tomorrow when they play. I hope they get their act together, b/c if not its going to be a very big loss.
Back to the top

I think Bytor hit the nail on the head…SPECIAL TEAMS!  If it weren't for the special teams play against MN that game would have been so far out of reach at half time MN might have just quit.  We can't allowkicks and punts returned for touchdowns or big yardage, it's just sends a bad message to your defense.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: