Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brick Sidewalk Fundraising Campaign

Add topic

PAVING THE WAY FOR THE FUTURE OF FAU…LITERALLY

The FAU Student Alumni Association (SAA) is offering students a chance to purchase bricks and have them engraved with a person's name, an organization’s name or a special message. These bricks will create a sidewalk that will lead into the proposed FAU Football Stadium.

Any student purchasing a 4x8 or 8x8 brick will receive a corresponding 1x3 or 3x3 mini brick replica that will include a personalized, Vitrix® Blue engraving.

All bricks are guaranteed and will be used in conjunction with the proposed FAU Football Stadium.

Please click here for a complete order form.

For any another questions, please contact Paul Metcalf at 561-297-1248 or [email protected].

The estimated fair market value of the goods and services you received in exchange for your payment is $30 (4x8 brick + replica) or $42 (8x8 brick + replica).  Therefore, the tax-deductible portion of your payment is $45 (4x8 brick + replica) or $83 (8x8 brick + replica).
Back to the top

Re: Brick Sidewalk Fundraising Campaign

Is it just me or is there no order form or anywhere to click?

Is there going to be a standard donation or any amount?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

A little more attention to detail would help. They need to set up a site with the order form and details about the campaign. Maybe even a Fund Meter to show how things are progressing.
Back to the top

Talon said

A little more attention to detail would help. They need to set up a site with the order form and details about the campaign. Maybe even a Fund Meter to show how things are progressing.

I've seen a webpage somewhere that describes the brick campaign and has an order form. I think it was on the Foundation page.

It doesn't bode well that, as I'm now searching for it, I can't find it online.

FAU makes things like this more difficult than they should be. Just like how they want to attract out of state students, like UCF does, but they don't think to put up a Campus Photo Gallery so that out of state students visiting on the internet can see what the school looks like before applying… which is why so many students who are from out of state only apply because they have family in the area and got a chance to stop in. For people in Vermont/California/etc with no connection to Florida, they need something like a Campus Photo Gallery.
Back to the top

Talon said

Here you go guys, don't thank me all at once…

Buy a Brick!!!

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Excellent but… how did you find that?

I looked all over that page, checked the links, even did a search for "brick" on the fau.edu search… couldn't find it.
Back to the top

They need to have better focus on this campaign.  They were at the Spring game, and had no way to collect money.  You had to write your Credit Card number on the form, which I would not do for obvious reasons.  They took my phone number and said they would call and take my order over the phone.  I have yet to receive a call.  If FAU is going to raise money for this stadium they cannot afford to be lax with people that are willing to donate.

Thanks for the link to the form.  I am going to order.  I just wonder how many people they missed at the Spring game.
Back to the top

Thank you to everyone for the comments regarding the brick campaign.

Since this is a student-led and student-organized fund-raiser, there are certain privileges that we aren't afforded - such as a cool website that comes up on a search engine, instead of the link we currently have that is hidden in the Foundation page.

This brick campaign fund-raiser is still in its infancy and we are working out the kinks.

I apologize to the one Owl fan who did not receive a call. I don't know what happened, but I accept full responsibility since I was the director of the prOWLers at the time you put in your brick order.

I will continue to monitor this post. If y'all need any assistance whatsoever, please contact me and I will answer your questions, or have someone contact you.

Rick Smith '07
founding father of the prOWLers
San Antonio, Texas

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

i am all over it, i cant wait to get my brick... just think 20 years from now, walking into a 65K seat stadium with my brick in the walkway.... ahhh love it..

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton: Did you get the brick? Do you need help getting it?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: