Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pitts interest in FIU new AD

This is from Miami Herald Blog for FIU:

No Comment form FIU's Pete Garcia on Pitt's AD job
Back to the top

Re: Pitts interest in FIU new AD

Wow, that would be a huge hit for them at this stage right now.  To come in and clean house the way he did then turn and leave, aka Saban the J****ss, would stink for them.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

wow…talk about letting the winbd out of your sails…

good luck getting a better fit than him…

by the fact that he said "no comment" you have to know what time it is…

It's time to board the plane for the official interview…
Back to the top

I agree with Dusky, That wouls be horrible for them. Yea Saban was the first thing that came to mind
Back to the top

It does very little for what will happen for their football team - Cristabol handles that, but you hate to keep changing AD's, especially only after a year (or less), hurt any continuity & momentun they might have build with the Garcia.  It does hurt and will set them back in their development process.

Hate to see that kind of stuff happen - stability is so important as you build your (new) program.
Back to the top

You hit it right on the nail, bytor….Let's see what happens….
Back to the top

Pitts interest in FIU new AD

Bytor said

It does very little for what will happen for their football team - Cristabol handles that, but you hate to keep changing AD's, especially only after a year (or less), hurt any continuity & momentun they might have build with the Garcia.  It does hurt and will set them back in their development process.

Hate to see that kind of stuff happen - stability is so important as you build your (new) program.

If it were me I'd jump ship too. Pitt is a great school. And I think Miami is vastly overrated and in parts very dangerous.

Still, Bytor is right. It's not really going to affect their football team.
Back to the top

You guys are right. It won't really effect the football team. I remember when UGA national champ coach Vince Dooley stepped aside from head coach and became the A.D. for UGA. He hired Ray Goff and the team tanked. Dooley's continued presence had no effect on the success of the football team. Goff was let go after a couple of seasons. Cristobal is the head coach of the football team, not Garcia.

UGA has never maintained the level of success they had with Dooley, especially against UF.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

whats the latest on this? anything?
Back to the top
Control functions: