Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Watch party washout??

Apparently FAU announced that they changed the location of the watch party… THIS AFTERNOON!!! A little late don't you think?

Owls call an audible

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Watch party washout??

Watch party washout??

Yeah, I got the email at 6pm.
Back to the top

Duffy's was not prepaired for us

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

My wife and I decided to stay home and watch the game instead of going to the Ale House at the last minute.  Sounds like that was a good move.  You would think they could get some organization on what's going on. 
Back to the top

I wasn't there, but on Marcus Nelson's blog it said there was some question if the Ale House would be able to show the game.  Do they have DirectTV?  Perhaps they do and CSS is only available on Comcast?  Just guessing.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I wasn't there, but on Marcus Nelson's blog it said there was some question if the Ale House would be able to show the game.  Do they have DirectTV?  Perhaps they do and CSS is only available on Comcast?  Just guessing.

You would think someone, anyone, from FAU would have called Ale House this week to make sure. It would have been a good idea considering they handed out flyers for the thing all week.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Is anyone held accountable for such a foul-up?
Back to the top

:-X
Back to the top

I was surprised to see such a large turnout at Duffy's, given the foul up at the Ale House. I can't believe they can't get the details figured out before the game! Duffy's was a great time! Duffy's was rocking with 80+ fans making lots of noise!

What time? Owl Time!! What time? Owl Time!!
Back to the top

We went to the Ale house at around 6:00, and the manager took the time to apologize and told us that the party was moved to Duffy's off St. Andrews. He mentioned that they do have CSS, but Comcast was showing the Rice/Texas game instead, on their feed. He said that are gong to have it corrected by next game.

To be fair to the guy, he put up a note on the front door telling us that the game would not be shown, and he also told us where we could go to watch it instead (direct competion no less).
    We had a nice time at Duffy's, it's just a little cramped in there for my taste, but that's just my preference. The crowd was great, considering the foul-up.

BTW; We were chatting with one of the waitresses and asked her how she was doing, and she said, "good, but just very busy, we're expecting a large crowd for the FSU game." I promply corrected her and told her "FSU has a bye week, they don't play today, you mean FAU". At least she didn't say FIU…but come on, we're in Boca!

Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: