Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Injuries

Does anyone know the status of Pinnick and Savidge?  All i've heard was Coach described both as "serious knee injuries", which is never good.  Savidge's especially looked bad and was carted off.  Pinnick's occurred when he kind of got his foot caught in the turf.  His looked like it could be some sort of knee sprain(fingers crossed it is nothing more) and had to be helped off.  Hopefully neither is season ending, although neither looked good…especially Savidge.  I guess we'll hear more about it today.  If either must miss extended time, the rest of the D must step up.  They did in the 4th quarter, playing inspired after the injuries.  The good news is that with 2 OOC games up next, it gives them time to heal and/or their replacements to get some experience.  Anyway, get well soon injured Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Injuries

Losing both would put a big crimp on the DL, I guestwe will find-out how our depth is on the line.

Keeping my fingers cross and hoping that neither injuries are major.
Back to the top

Concerned about Savidge's injury, he was grimacing in pain. Hopefully Pinnick's was just a sprain/ or strain. :-\

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

"Knee injuries" does not sound good… if it's a torn ligament they will be out for the season.
Back to the top

Injuries

i doubt Pinicks was that serious…the turf monster got him…

Savidge, not so fortunate…

GOOD news is that we have almost four weeks of rest for them…

Two OOC dont mean jack for the bowl race…and then the bye week…almost a full month!  that is a plus…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Two OOC dont mean jack for the bowl race…and then the bye week…almost a full month!  that is a plus…

Not to get off topic… but I do think it is important to have a good showing against USF. If we can keep this game close it would go a long way in recruiting.
Back to the top

Agreed, but I would rather them sit out those games if it means being healthy for SBC games. 
Back to the top

Well according to Ted Hutton's blog, Coach said both guys look like they are done for the year during his Sunday press conference.  Bad news.  Luckily we have some depth on the defensive line, but losing these two would definately hurt.  Both will have MRI's tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that the injuries aren't as severe as suspected.

Now we have to see who steps up.  Injuries suck, but they do create an opportunity for someone to step in.

Back to the top

That is a huge blow to the team if both of those guys are out for the season. Hopefully we have enough depth to avoid the pitfall that MTSU has found themselves in due to injuries.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Does anyone know how the backup DL look to replace Pinnick and Savidge?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: