Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Leaves FAU Off Map

During the USF-North Carolina game an hour or so ago, ESPN showed a graphic of the State of Florida and its 1-A teams. Miami, UCF, USF, UF and FSU were shown with their cities represented. And vocally, they referred to Florida's I-A programs.

There was a huge void around Palm Beach County, amnd only one team from Miami was shown.

What a disgrace and slap in the face.

Later, in another graphic of the top teams in Florida, FAU was listed second to last. FIU was at the bottom. I think I heard the male announcer say there wasn't much diffrence between Nos. 4 and 5 (UCF and FAU). The female announcer is not very good (I remembered her from the Silicon Valley bowl when Troy was in it.)

Does anyone have an e-mail address for these idiots so I can voice my opinion of their biased and inaccurate presentatio
Back to the top

Re: ESPN Leaves FAU Off Map

I noticed that exact same thing, BMarkey.  I was thinking the same thing.

The list you were talking about was the ESPN announcers ranking the Florida 1-A schools.  Out of the seven they have FAU sixth and FIU seventh.  They had Florida first, South Florida second, and I think Miami, FL third followed by Florida State, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, and then Florida International.

I think the female announcer was Pam Ward.  It certainly sounded like her.
Back to the top

I didnt see it but it sounds like the exact same thing the PB Post had on its front page last week. Way to be original ESPNn

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

During the USF-North Carolina game an hour or so ago, ESPN showed a graphic of the State of Florida and its 1-A teams. Miami, UCF, USF, UF and FSU were shown with their cities represented. And vocally, they referred to Florida's I-A programs.

There was a huge void around Palm Beach County, amnd only one team from Miami was shown.

Later, in another graphic of the top teams in Florida, FAU was listed second to last. FIU was at the bottom. I think I heard the male announcer say there wasn't much diffrence between Nos. 4 and 5 (UCF and FAU). The female announcer is not very good (I remembered her from the Silicon Valley bowl when Troy was in it.)

Does anyone have an e-mail address for these idiots so I can voice my opinion of their biased and inaccurate presentatio

i for one wish they would get rid of the "token female sideline announcer who is only on TV due to political rationale, and because they are good looking" and fill it with someone the coach they are interviewing will actually look at while they are speaking to them…

when the last time they had some 300lb female down there??

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this total "dis" by virtually all coaches…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

I have no problem looking at a hot chick for the 20-30 seconds it takes to answer one throw-away question.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Hay ESPN…  Map this…. took me all of 3 sec's…

What Time???

Peyton
Back to the top

Here's some more recent imagery… the Google maps for the area are out of date:

Link
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

Hay ESPN…  Map this…. took me all of 3 sec's…

What Time???

What are those red crosses?…people on cruisin coolers? I guess when they took the picture it must have been….Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl Time!!!!
Back to the top

ESPN Leaves FAU Off Map

Florida_Owl said

BMarkey said

You can keep your 300lb women. I'll take Erin Andrews any day of the week.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I wish those ugly utility facilities would go away. FAU could use the land to expand. Build the new baseball stadium there.

That satellite picture is pre-track renovation.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: