Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cool board......and congrats

Looks like FAU may win the Sun Belt and reach a bowl game this year.  Your QB is a good one.  It would be great to see Florida send 6 teams to bowl games this year.

Back to the top

Re: Cool board......and congrats

It looks like FAU has a chance at a title this year. UCF is looking pretty good too. Hanging in there with Texas earned you guys a lot of respect.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

It looks like FAU has a chance at a title this year. UCF is looking pretty good too. Hanging in there with Texas earned you guys a lot of respect.

GO OWLS!!!

1 less turnover and we win :( I can't complain though- last game was the most stress-free game I've ever been too, lol.  42-0 at half is nice.

BTW- We play ULL this week.  I expect a big UCF win. What say you?
Back to the top

ULL is struggling a bit and they tend to start slow and finish the season strong :-\
You guys should be able to handle them, unless you overlook them, they can have an explosive offense, if you allow it to find some rhythm - their QB is a very athlete.

FAU is looking pretty good right now at 2-0 in conference, having just lost two of our DL and team leader on defense, it will interesting to see how the players respond against ULL & ULM in consecutive weeks
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

BTW- We play ULL this week.  I expect a big UCF win. What say you?

i say you spank them…

no high caliber skilled positions, and a week offensive system…

defense -  you will run all over them….
Back to the top

ULL showed Troy last weekend that it has a great QB and excellent backup RB. They ran all over the place. The QB is very mobile and makes something out of nothing. If they get back their hurt RB, there could be two of the best RBs in the 'Belt on the field at the same time.

Troy won because its offense has become nearly unstoppable. The defense stunk.

I find it odd that ULL has not won a game.
Back to the top

Cool board......and congrats

BMarkey said

ULL showed Troy last weekend that it has a great QB and excellent backup RB. They ran all over the place. The QB is very mobile and makes something out of nothing. If they get back their hurt RB, there could be two of the best RBs in the 'Belt on the field at the same time.

Troy won because its offense has become nearly unstoppable. The defense stunk.

I find it odd that ULL has not won a game.

sorry bud, but i dont…Troy just had a bad night on the defensive side…

ULL is chop liver   :P

Back to the top

Thanks UCFKnight. I really hope we can start an FAU-UCF football series up again. A lot of people from this area go to either one of the schools or the other, I think it would be good for both schools. I was up at the one game we played against each other back in 03 and it was a great time. Back in the A-Sun days the schools were pretty big rivals in other sports, so it'd be fun to reunite. I am really impressed how UCF has built their athletics program and facilities….I kept up with the construction of both the football and basketball facilities through your school's website and look forward to making the trip north to see the Owls dominate in the new buildings ;)! I know Michigan St. is likely going to be our home opener in the new place in '09, but I would love to see it be UCF, we could play for a steel beam or something.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Thanks UCFKnight. I really hope we can start an FAU-UCF football series up again. A lot of people from this area go to either one of the schools or the other, I think it would be good for both schools. I was up at the one game we played against each other back in 03 and it was a great time. Back in the A-Sun days the schools were pretty big rivals in other sports, so it'd be fun to reunite. I am really impressed how UCF has built their athletics program and facilities….I kept up with the construction of both the football and basketball facilities through your school's website and look forward to making the trip north to see the Owls dominate in the new buildings ;)! I know Michigan St. is likely going to be our home opener in the new place in '09, but I would love to see it be UCF, we could play for a steel beam or something.

FAU-UCF would be a great series (but home-and-home, please). Until just a few years ago, we were in the same conference (A-Sun), and it would be a great opportunity for UCF to reinforce their recruiting down here. We're probably not at the point where we'd benefit the most from a game in Orlando from a recruiting perspective, but hopefully we'll be there soon. There are a lot of UCF alumni down here. Personally, I love any OOC game against an in-state school.
Back to the top

They could call it the I-95 Rivalry
Back to the top
Control functions: