Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A Shout From Lexington

Cool board.  You guys love your football.

Not every UK fan believes this will be a blowout.

If you want to find out what the rest of us think head over to kentuckyink.com.  We welcome opposing fans every week.

We bleed blue, but in a (mostly) realistic way.  Except for Basketball.  Then it's insane.

What kind of team do you have?

Back to the top

Re: A Shout From Lexington

Welcome. The Owls tend not to play well in games against the major BCS conferences. I think all of us Owl fans are hoping that the Minnesota game will help turn that around, but the Wildcats are much, much tougher than the Golden Gophers and the game will be in Lexington. Our offense is pretty similar to yours from what I have heard, a pro-style attack, using the run to set up the pass, although the past two weeks the offense has gotten a lot of damage done through the air. QB Rusty Smith is on a nice roll and is giving us our best QB play since Jared Allen in 2003. The receiving corps along with our TE's are becoming a pretty reliable group. Charles Pierre and BJ Manley are good runners and will need to find some holes to help keep Andre Woodson off the field.

On defense, we'll be missing two starters on the D-Line due to knee injuries, including Josh Pinnick who is our best pass rusher. I really like our LBs and the secondary is really talented. Tavious Polo is a true freshman with 6 picks so far this year including two game saving plays. We'll need our backup D-Linemen to come through big time if we hope to keep this game close.

Hope that helps a little and I am looking forward to a competitive game. Unfortunetly, I'm afraid this is the wrong year to face you guys from our perspective, but you never know…..I'm sure Schnelly will have us prepared. GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Wildcat Thunder is a good site for UK fans and NOT "full of rejects".  Please ignore that remark from the original poster.

Good luck Sat…hope all stay healthy.

mm
Back to the top

A Shout From Lexington

Marc said

Wildcat Thunder is a good site for UK fans and NOT "full of rejects".  Please ignore that remark from the original poster.

hummmmmm…Hopefully this gets carried over to the field on Saturday  ;D
Back to the top

haha well see about that
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Marc said

Do you know what time the Game is????

Peyton
Back to the top

I think kickoff is at 1:30.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

ESPN Gameplan says 1pm.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Marc said

Good luck Sat…hope all stay healthy.

mm

I love your Kentuckyink.com site, something I would love to have this community & Blog site develop into.
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

faudiehard said

Marc said

Do you know what time the Game is????

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: