Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless predictions FAU @ Kentucky

It is that time of the week once again. Time to make some predictions. Much like last week I want to add in a few of the most attractive SBC games along with the FAU game. Lets begin with FAU @ Kentucky.

FAU @ Kentucky

Here is what we know about Kentucky: They have one of the best QBs in the country and a powerful offensive attack. We also know that their win a against Louisville is looking less and less impressive (Louisville pulled off a close one against MTSU and then lost to a terrible Syracuse team last week). However, Kentucky dominated a very good Arkansas team. That tells me that Kentucky has the tools, they just have to put it all together on the field, which they have done so far. As talented a team as Kentucky is, they cannot afford to overlook FAU and look ahead to South Carolina.

FAU comes off a number of big wins and should have tremendous confidence going into this game. Even though the team is still full of questions, they answered some of them with the come-back win at North Texas. Rusty has demonstrated his ability to lead this team, but he still is far from being at the same level as Kentucky's Andre Woodson. One thing is clear, FAU needs to play great defense if they want to stay in this game. That will be a difficult task with two new starters on the line due to injuries. On the offensive side FAU needs to work the clock and keep the potent Kentucky offense on the sidelines. That means that FAU is going to have to find a running game.

I think FAU has the heart to make this a game, but in the end Kentucky is riding high and this is their dream season. Kentucky hasn't been ranked this high (#14) in 30 years. They are not going to let FAU play the spoiler.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Kentucky 42 FAU 17

FIU @ MTSU

This game means that someone will not have to face the possibility of a winless season. On the other hand, someone will. MTSU is coming off a miserable loss to newcomer WKU. They need to prove something now. There is more pressure on MTSU since this a home game and they have to make things right in front of the home crowd after being embarrassed last week. However, the laundry list of injured players makes winning an incredibly difficult task.

FIU has the tools to break the streak. I also think they see a wounded animal in MTSU and they are going to go in for the kill. I expect FIU to come out playing like they have nothing to lose. This one could get a bit chippy as both teams are playing for pride more than anything else.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FIU 24 MTSU 21 (I hope MTSU wins, but I just don't see it happening.)

Troy vs. ULM

Troy should dominate this game. They are fighting for a conference title and a bowl birth. ULM just doesn't have the tools to compete with a very talented Troy team. Omar will put the ball in the air early and often. This one is a gimme.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Troy 42 ULM 10

ULL @ UCF

This is a great opportunity for the SBC to show that it can play with other up-and-comers. However, the bottom of the SBC is matched up against the top of CONF USA in this one. UCF plays at home again and the place will be rocking. This will also be the first night game at UCF. They are having a great season and they will look to continue it against ULL.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: UCF 38 ULL 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ KENTUCKY

Kentucky 56, FAU 14
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Kentucky 56, FAU 14

Looks like we are thinking about the same thing.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fearless predictions FAU @ Kentucky

Truthfully 38-10, Hopefully 42-39!
Back to the top

Wildcats 38-24  :(
Back to the top

I hate to do this but with the hit on defense and the lack of a solid running game a to help keep KY off the field offensively…

KY    45
FAU  17

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I hate picking scores so I'm not going to do that.  I do however think it will not be a blowout and we will be competitive.  We have more depth and more experience than in years past, couple that with some serious confidence going into this game and we should make it a game.

I think we have a better defense than Louisville and maybe even a better d than UK.  I think if we can catch a few breaks and get TD's after turnovers instead of FG's we have a chance.  If not, we lose by about 10 or so.
Back to the top

I just wanted to welcome myself to the board.

As a Gator fan as well as an Owl fan I wanted to give you guys some information on Kentucky.  Kentucky is a good team, but they are not that good.  The problem with Kentucky is that they play up and down, in other words they are very inconsistant.  With UK being hurt a bit, I see no reason why FAU can't make this a four quarter game and steal one on the road.  The bottom line is that FAU is 2-0 in the Sunbelt conference and they have nothing to lose in this game.  Should be a great game.  I also wanted to say that I went to school with Chris Bonner and Willie Rose.  See you guys around.
Back to the top

Welcome UF-FAU Zack.

I think FAU has the ability to beat UK, but it would take a perfect game with no turnovers, and penalties and that is very difficult to accomplish.

Love the Owls, but…

UK 42
FAU 21

If we keep it within 21 points, I think that is good considering the success of UK thus far.

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

45-17

Kentucky wins. Too quote Metallica

"Sad but true"

:-[ :-[ :-[

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: