Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The article we have been waiting for

Insider: Sun's shining on Florida's up-and-coming programs - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings

Sportsline's Dodd writes, "The Sunshine State is big enough for SIX powers."

Awesome article!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: THE ARTICLE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

I say eight, and i say we form our own Eight Member Conference for the State of Florida - thus killing all teams that recruit out of here by establishing a loyalty to remain in the state and fight for the BEST Football State's crown of Glory:

"The Sunshine Bowl"

In geographical order:

FSU
UF
USF
UCF
FAU
UM
FIU

We only need one more…

WHACK the SEC…WHACK the ACC…and WHACK the Big East…take ALL of the top BCS bowl money, and sail off into the Sunset…….

Ok, this is a real stretch, but what if it really happend?

SICK in state rivalry from all schools…EASY travel…and again, the ability to not only make each school stronger in recruiting but potentially form a Conference Dynasty, and not just a program dynasty…

I think it could be done if more people got on board and saw outside the box…
Back to the top

Re: THE ARTICLE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

The article we have been waiting for

i'd love it… would NEVER happen

FSU and Miami are a DISTANT possibility… but florida would NEVER leave the SEC, and understandably

i am still set on USF, UCF and FAU being in the big east

Back to the top

Re: The article we have been waiting for

fauowl09 said

Even if they lose, they will have made their point – there can, there soon will be another major college power in the state of Florida. With seven I-A programs in the state playing in five different conferences, time, as Howard Schnellenberger used to say, is the only variable.

"Don't categorize us with those (other) schools," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt told the Kansas City Star last week. "There are four BCS schools in the state of Florida: Florida, South Florida, Florida State and Miami. Nobody else in that room."

What a douchebag.

Correct me if I'm wrong but UF, FSU and UM are the only schools in Florida that have won National Championships. Thats how you become one of the "Big" anything. Sure, the Bulls are having a great season, but to date USF has not won a National Championship.

Therefore they deserve to be in the 'Next Three' with us and UCF.
Back to the top

Ten minutes ago, USF was not even a blip on the national college football radar. Now, after a couple of good wins and a bit of publicity, the Bulls think they are the nest coming of Boise State. Huh?

They are almost as cocky (but more deserving) than the Knights next door.
Back to the top

and what happens when one of the "other" schools (like FAU) beats your overrated bulls on october 6, coach leavitt?

haha

Back to the top

BMarkey said

Ten minutes ago, USF was not even a blip on the national college football radar. Now, after a couple of good wins and a bit of publicity, the Bulls think they are the nest coming of Boise State. Huh?

USF was recognized prior to this season. They crushed a top 15 Louisville team a couple years back and also beat a top 15 West Virginia team last year. USF is the real deal and until FAU puts together a string of wins against top 25 teams like USF has, FAU will not be mentioned alongside USF and doesn't deserve to be.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

BMarkey said

USF was recognized prior to this season. They crushed a top 15 Louisville team a couple years back and also beat a top 15 West Virginia team last year. USF is the real deal and until FAU puts together a string of wins against top 25 teams like USF has, FAU will not be mentioned alongside USF and doesn't deserve to be.
GO OWLS!!!

ever seen the Eagles come back reunion tour?

"Hell Freezes Over"

well, this is what will happen if they win tonight…they are going to get SPANKED…in their own house…in front of a sold out crowd…and all will have tears in there eyes, and hanky in hand when they view the scoreboard on the way out…

am i a WVU fan?  NOPE…

But i hate arrogance, and p-r-i-d-e.

This will seal the deal for the bulls:

""Don't categorize us with those (other) schools," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt told the Kansas City Star last week. "There are four BCS schools in the state of Florida: Florida, South Florida, Florida State and Miami. Nobody else in that room."

Pride cometh befora a fall…always has, and ALWAYS will…get over yourself levitt…you will certainly have to after tonight…
Back to the top

I hate pride as much as the next guy. However, people on this board are saying that we belong at the same level as USF and UCF while leaving out FIU. That is prideful in itself. Is that not doing the same thing that Leavitt is doing?

Beyond that point, USF has a legit shot at beating West Virginia. Nobody gave them a shot last year and they did it. I am sure that nobody gave them a shot to beat Auburn and they did it.

Let's face it, like it or not USF is on the map and they are making noise so predicting that they will get crushed by West Virginia seems a little bit senseless.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

USF has beaten a few good teams, but has also been beaten (by Miami). For them to include themselves with the elite programs just because they lucked out into a BCS conference is sad.
Back to the top
Control functions: