Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU - UK Watch Party

Lest try this again -- it will be at duffys in boca, do not go to Ale House, ever again...

Peyton
Back to the top

Re: FAU - UK Watch Party

how many can that place hold??

i really dont want to stand, looking side to side over someones shoulder for three hours…

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

i really dont want to stand, looking side to side over someones shoulder for three hours…

Then get there early.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

FAU - UK Watch Party

CanadianOwl said

Florida_Owl said

Then get there early.

um, not what i asked…………….

anyway, better yet, watch it at home and enjoy the big screen close up ;)
Back to the top

I wasn't there last week, but plan on being there tomorrow….

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else noticed the lack of advertising on FAU's part? Everyone on here is a die hard fan we all know that but what if you weren't? If it were not for this board I'd probably have no idea there was any kind of watch party. If you log on to FAUSports.com the first thing that you should see should be a big ad for the watch party and then all of next week should be something to promote the heck out of the USF game.

I emailed Angelos and asked him if there was any kind of advertising going on to promote the USF game. I think it would be embarrassing if we were out numbered by the USF fans next week. There should be some kind of promotion to get people to the game some kind of free hand out. I know it costs money but there should be a radio spot on 560 or 790 something so people say hmmm FAU - USF sounds like a good game we should check it out, or maybe some kind of a mass email send out to the students. I don't live on campus but do they advertise on Owl TV?

Does anyone else agree or am I way off basis here?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else noticed the lack of advertising on FAU's part? Everyone on here is a die hard fan we all know that but what if you weren't? If it were not for this board I'd probably have no idea there was any kind of watch party. If you log on to FAUSports.com the first thing that you should see should be a big ad for the watch party and then all of next week should be something to promote the heck out of the USF game.

I emailed Angelos and asked him if there was any kind of advertising going on to promote the USF game. I think it would be embarrassing if we were out numbered by the USF fans next week. There should be some kind of promotion to get people to the game some kind of free hand out. I know it costs money but there should be a radio spot on 560 or 790 something so people say hmmm FAU - USF sounds like a good game we should check it out, or maybe some kind of a mass email send out to the students. I don't live on campus but do they advertise on Owl TV?

They did put out fliers about the FAU/UK Watch Party… Ted even posted a picture of one in his journal. I'm sure there's something up on fausports.com as well.

In terms of advertising the FAU/USF game, students have already formed a fairly popular Facebook Event group about it called "PAINT THE STATE RED". So far there are 496 confirmed guests…

Facebook
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

They did put out fliers about the FAU/UK Watch Party… Ted even posted a picture of one in his journal. I'm sure there's something up on fausports.com as well.

In terms of advertising the FAU/USF game, students have already formed a fairly popular Facebook Event group about it called "PAINT THE STATE RED". So far there are 496 confirmed guests…

Facebook

Well I'm glad theres something out there and I know facebook is really popular but I was thinking more along the lines for the people who don't have facebook or myspace. When you log on to FAUSports.com the first ting you see is about Women's Cross Country, not trying to take anything away from them but the first thing should be an ad about the watch party, just put it in peoples face make it all over the place, get the point across and not just on myspace or facebook but on the radio or maybe hand out fliers during the watch party for the USF game. Just an idea

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

For anybody out and about the game will be carried on XM radio, channel 199.
Back to the top
Control functions: