Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. USF -- I'm pumped!

FAU vs. USF -- I'm pumped!

You guys are representing well this year with the Minn win and hanging with the best Kentucky team this decade.  I'm really looking forward to making the drive down. I'm sort of a closet fan of FAU (for various reasons I won't go into here), so I hope for a good game.

For FAU to have a shot:

Defensively - Stop USF's run. Our air assault isn't doing too well this year (lots of dropped passes), but we have been getting on the board with runs. We have 3 decent RB's in Mike Ford, Jamar Taylor, and Ben Williams..and they switch out every couple of plays to stay fresh. Defensive stands when we start knocking on the red zone door are key, as our kicking game suffers.

Offensively - Spread it out and throw the ball with stacked receivers. You WON'T be able to run on our defense (ask Slaton from WVU 'bout that), and you won't be able to throw very well on our 2 CB's who are the best CB duo in the nation. But if you stack up the recievers you'll have a shot. Expect turnovers, but you'll just have to hope for good QB play.

If you guys can keep mistakes to a minimum and make this a game of special teams, you'll have a shot.

Who are the key players we need to be watching for? What are your thoughts on the matchup?  Heard you guys were getting an OCS too. Niiice

Back to the top

Re: FAU vs. USF -- I'm pumped!

Also, my wife and I are looking for a hotel within walking distance of Lockhart. Any suggestions? Something on the nicer side would be good...
Back to the top

Griggsy said

Also, my wife and I are looking for a hotel within walking distance of Lockhart. Any suggestions? Something on the nicer side would be good…

Try the La Quinta Inn on Cypress Creek Rd. It's less than a mile from the stadium. I know a lot of Bulls fans are staying there so I'm not sure on availability.

La Quinta

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Griggsy said

Also, my wife and I are looking for a hotel within walking distance of Lockhart. Any suggestions? Something on the nicer side would be good…

There are hotels in the area, but Lockhart is in an industrial area.  There are a few hotels in walking distance, although I guess that would depend on what you consider walking distance…or what you consider on the nicer side… :-\

There is a La Quinta about a mile away on Cypress Creek Road.  I suppose you could walk from there and it looks alright from the outside.  
Back to the top

There are a couple of hotels within 1 or 2 exits off of I-95. Cypress Creek is probably your best bet. Its a litlle far to walk. The good news is that the stadium is close, so it will only be a 5 minute drive (if that). Also, Andrews Ave. (which is right by there) has all kinds of restaurants and coffee places all clustered together. If you and the wife are looking for a neat place to check out the night before the game, might I suggest checking the Mai Kai for drinks and appys. This place is straight out of circa 1962 – the whole authentic polynesian dining experience thing. Its a little pricey for dinner, but well worth the trip. If you are interested I'll get you directions. I love the place.  ;)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Good luck against the Bulls…I hope you guys win!

Go FIU and SBC!!…and FAU!
Back to the top

Thanks Fanatic, I hope you guys break the streak just not with us.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Griggsy said

Try the La Quinta Inn on Cypress Creek Rd. It's less than a mile from the stadium. I know a lot of Bulls fans are staying there so I'm not sure on availability.

La Quinta
Is this La Quinta actually on S. Federal Highway (that is how its website has it listed)?  It is listed as a 4 miles and eight minute drive.  My wife and I are staying there for this game Sat. night.
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

CanadianOwl said

Griggsy said

La Quinta
Is this La Quinta actually on S. Federal Highway?  My wife and I are staying there for this game Sat. night.

There is also a hotel across the street of the stadium. I am not sure of the name, but if you call the Wachovia Bank that is next store , they can probably tell you the name. Good luck.
Back to the top

What, no love for The Mai Kai?  8)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: