Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Nickname

Add topic

:) I know its too early to start thinking of a nickname, and I also know some people think stadium nicknames are "stupid". I am, however, "pro" nickname. Besides, how else are we going to spend our time over the next 3 years (when we're not spending time fundraising, or pushing season ticket sales)?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Stadium Nickname

proudowl said

:) I know its too early to start thinking of a nickname, and I also know some people think stadium nicknames are "stupid". I am, however, "pro" nickname. Besides, how else are we going to spend our time over the next 3 years (when we're not spending time fundraising, or pushing season ticket sales)?

Hello! We actually had a couple of things going but I don't think there's been any consensus. A couple of people liked "the Owl Bowl". Someone wrote into Schnellenberger and suggested "The Pride of Owl Country." My feeling is that the nickname will come from something the coach after Schnelly says or maybe even Ted Hutton, since he has a knack for nicknames and we respect his work so much.
Back to the top

I thought it was a given that it would be called "The Nest"...and anybody coming into it would be our "Prey".
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I thought it was a given that it would be called "The Nest"…and anybody coming into it would be our "Prey".

That's definitely an interesting idea. Don't know if "The Nest" and "The Burrow" are too close for comfort tho… guess we'll know in 2010.
Back to the top

Since we are named after burrowing owls how about "The Hole"
Back to the top

HOTEL said

I knew a girl in high school that may have trademarked that…
Back to the top

faudiehard said

HOTEL said

I know who you are talking about… My best friend married her!
Back to the top

HOTEL the hole, please we are already playing in the hole  :D
Back to the top

Stadium Nickname

I like the whole "bury" the opponents aspect. I also miss the death knell they used to play at the games (with the hoot in the background). Whatever it is, it should sound intimidating.  ;)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

HOTEL said

faudiehard said

HOTEL said

I know who you are talking about… My best friend married her!

LOL!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: