Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sellout for FAU vs. USF???

Im a member on USF's board thebullspen.com and there all talking about a sellout this weekend at lockheart??

Can an FAU fan confirm this?
Back to the top

Re: Sellout for FAU vs. USF???

USFan123_aka_theman123 said

Im a member on USF's board thebullspen.com and there all talking about a sellout this weekend at lockheart??

I heard that it was sold out but nothing official.  I do wonder how many students they plan on letting in and how many they will refuse admission?
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

I heard that it was sold out but nothing official.  I do wonder how many students they plan on letting in and how many they will refuse admission?

I heard that for every GA ticket they sell, they take away a student ticket.
Back to the top

Sellout for FAU vs. USF???

lngbrdr said

If that's true and students are refused admission there are going to be quite a few po'd students, I just wish they would say something about what they plan on doing.
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

My guess would be that they are holding the "student endzone" and selling GA in the opposite endzone.  Each endzone holds about 6,000 so hopefully there will be plenty of seats for students available.  Hopefully FAU students show up and fill it!
Back to the top

If it sells out and students get turned away that is going to be both bad and good. It will most likely mean that those students who are turned away will not return for future games at Lockhart. On the flip side, it will also add an exclamation point to the fact that FAU needs an on-campus stadium and soon.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

If it sells out and students get turned away that is going to be both bad and good. It will most likely mean that those students who are turned away will not return for future games at Lockhart. On the flip side, it will also add an exclamation point to the fact that FAU needs an on-campus stadium and soon.

GO OWLS!!!

Keep in mind that students are billed for tickets in their tuition fees. Since students have already paid for their tickets, they would need to be compensated if their seat is sold to someone else.
Back to the top

If they turn away students, it had better be USF students!

Maybe FAU could require students to pick up their tickets (or some type of admittance sheet) in advance, to be guaranteed admission.

I hope every FAU fan, student and supporter of any kind gets the word out fast they they need to be at this game, yelling and screaming the whole time, with a friend or three.

This is going to be FAU's time to shine - hopefully with a majority of the crowd in its favor.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Keep in mind that students are billed for tickets in their tuition fees. Since students have already paid for their tickets, they would need to be compensated if their seat is sold to someone else.

I don't agree with that.

Yes, they pay athletic fees, but i'm certain all tickets are based on availability.  I mean there are, what 25,000+ students and the stadium holds 20,500….you can do the math.  Besides, say FAU held 5,000 tickets for students and students end up getting turned away, I put the blame on the students.  Based on the usual number of students at the football games, FAU would be perfectly justified in "only" holding 5,000 tickets back for student use.  If they want to assure that they hold more tickets for students, they should be showing up at every game and showing that there is a student demand for tickets.  
Back to the top

BMarkey said

If they turn away students, it had better be USF students!

Maybe FAU could require students to pick up their tickets (or some type of admittance sheet) in advance, to be guaranteed admission.

I hope every FAU fan, student and supporter of any kind gets the word out fast they they need to be at this game, yelling and screaming the whole time, with a friend or three.

This is going to be FAU's time to shine - hopefully with a majority of the crowd in its favor.

As far as I know, USF students will have to purchase tickets.  There is no reason that they would give them free tickets to our home game.  Sometimes visiting teams will buy an allotment of tickets and distribute them for free, but if USF stidents show up at the game, they'll have to buy a seat like everyone else.

Personally, I like the idea of having students pick up tickets in advance.  It would cut down on the student line at the game and give a good indication of just how many FAU students will be at the game in advance.
Back to the top
Control functions: