Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Forget the Hype

This articles link is on the main site, but figure I post here:

Forget The Hype; Worry About FAU

The way the top teams have been falling this year, the Owls if they come out and macth the Intensity & energy the Bulls have been showing, then we will have a chance to pull an upset, IF the Bulls look ahead.
Back to the top

Re: Forget the Hype

Forget the Hype

CJL is really good at not letting his players look ahead just look at the UNC game we could have easily looked pass them with West Virginia coming to town. Now saying that we are talking about 18-21 yr old kids and any thing could happen. I for one take every game like it’s the most important of the season (because it really is) and don't over look or look pass anyone.

GO BULLS BEAT FAU
Back to the top

From what I have seen from the Bulls, they are very business like and I do expect them to bring they usual A game on Sat. - Even Pro's sometimes have a hard time dealing with the extra Hype & attention, that is not normally there.

Your Defense does concern me thought.
Back to the top

I expect the Bulls to come out and play very well.  The offense had some big plays against WVu, however, stalled on alot of their drives.  Look for the offense to look sharp in their initial drives to set the tone early.  FAU fans don't think USF is overlooking the Owls, I'm sure CJL has mentioned to the players how the Owls shocked the Gophers eariler this season.  Your QB looks solid, but remember, there is a big difference between UK's defense and USF's defense.  Are the Owls favored to win the Sunbelt this year?
Back to the top

bullwark said

I expect the Bulls to come out and play very well.  The offense had some big plays against WVu, however, stalled on alot of their drives.  Look for the offense to look sharp in their initial drives to set the tone early.  FAU fans don't think USF is overlooking the Owls, I'm sure CJL has mentioned to the players how the Owls shocked the Gophers eariler this season.  Your QB looks solid, but remember, there is a big difference between UK's defense and USF's defense.  Are the Owls favored to win the Sunbelt this year?

Also, remember there is a big difference between UK's offense & USF's offense. FAU wasn't favored for the Sun Belt, but was mentioned as a team that could contend.
Back to the top

Carrion is carrion. Hoist the bovine on their own pitard!

GO OWLS
GO OWLS
GO OWLS!!!

;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Carrion is carrion. Hoist the bovine on their own pitard!

GO OWLS
GO OWLS
GO OWLS!!!

;D

That's awesome…and hilarious  ;D  You go proudowl!
Back to the top

Lit. Major. ;)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

bullwark said

We're favored to fight it out with Troy. The only other team that might cause a problem is ASU but we have a bye week before that game so I think we'll be more than ready.

I definitely don't think USF is overlooking us. They know what we're capable of.  And this may be a shot in the dark because of some things I read over on the USF board ("I always get FAU confused with FIU") but I also think there are going to be USF fans walking into this game expecting us not to put any points on the board.

No matter what the outcome, I hope it's a very close game, just because those are so much better. We had three touchdowns worth of lead on Minnesota going into the half and fortunately they bounded back in the end to make the game exciting.
Back to the top

bullwark said

The Coaches from the Belt didn't think we would - finish in the middle of the pack,picked to finish 4th or 6th I can't remember.
Back to the top
Control functions: