Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just for Fun - ESPN Bowl Predictions

Back to the top

Re: Just for Fun - ESPN Bowl Predictions

Wow! I know it does not mean squat, but I am surprised to see that others are putting FAU in front of Troy. I personally feel FAU is better then Troy, but I also have a biased opinion.
Back to the top

Just for Fun - ESPN Bowl Predictions

unfortunately, those predictions mean NOTHING…

1) feldman has florida state winning the acc?? haha… that's laughable… boston college and clemson are clearly better than florida state

2) both have south florida winning the big east, which i'll believe when i see it… rutgers is still better, west virginia will win out and i don't think south florida will… louisville is struggling, but still has brohm… i'll believe south florida when i see it

3) i don't EITHER of their at-larges in missouri and hawaii… mizzou is not a BCS team and hawaii could go undefeated all they want, they are NOT going to get the respect boise state got… it's just not happening… not saying i agree with it, but it's the truth

4) they don't have two bids from the sun belt, which is deplorable… IF we win the belt, troy is CERTAINLY deserving of an at-large… beating oklahoma state is just as good as beating minnesota, if not better

with all that, at least they correctly picked the champion of the Sun Belt Conference  :P

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Can someone remind me of last years bowl games.  Didnt the Sunbelt recieve 2 bowl bids? Mid and Troy
Back to the top

Last year, Troy demolished Rice from CUSA in the New Orleans Bowl and MTSU lost to Central Michigan of the MAC in Detroit's Motor City Bowl.

The SunBelt has received two bowl bids for two of the past three years. I find it odd not to see mention of a second bowl team in this year's predictions, considering that FAU, Troy and ASU are all good teams and have shots at the post-season.

The SunBelt is in negotiations for the second annual bowl tie-in, to start as early as 2008. The 'Belt should eventually get three bids as teams continue to improve and over-bowled conferences like CUSA and the MAC get chopped back a bit.

Back to the top

New Orleans or Bust......

Peyton
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

unfortunately, those predictions mean NOTHING…

That would be why this thread is titled:

"Just for Fun"

in case you didnt notice that ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: