Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USF Prediction Contest

There is a thread on the USF MB, for the game prediction. According to their fans, we don't stand a chance. I made my own prediction with FAU winning 27-20, whereas the the overwhelming USF prediction is averaging 45-10. Hop on over & make your predictions.

TheBullsPen.com USF South Florida Bulls Message Board
Back to the top

Re: USF Prediction Contest

48-3  ;D

A realistic view is 31-14 BULLS
Back to the top

USF 24 - FAU 27
Back to the top

My score changes daily as I read more about FAU, but right now I'm feelin 34-17 with one of the FAU scores being an INT returned for a TD…but also, we'll have a score on defense as well resulting from a blistering hit from Selvie and someone like Allen or Moffet picking it up and going the distance…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Ruger7mmmag said

but also, we'll have a score on defense as well resulting from a blistering hit from Selvie and someone like Allen or Moffet picking it up and going the distance…

this just in from yesterdays practice observation(s):

FAU is going to do EVERYTHING it can with blocking schemes to completely confuse, and take your top two linemen out of the equation…

alot of which we havent done yet this year…

Howard and Hoza always have a trick or two up thier sleeve…it may not last the entire game, but i turst it will slow them considerably…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Ruger7mmmag said

but also, we'll have a score on defense as well resulting from a blistering hit from Selvie and someone like Allen or Moffet picking it up and going the distance…

FAU is going to do EVERYTHING it can with blocking schemes to completely confuse, and take your top two linemen out of the equation…

Howard and Hoza always have a trick or two up thier sleeve…it may not last the entire game, but i turst it will slow them considerably…

If you watch the WVU game, our DLine ran a WIDE variety of plays.  They aren't just a "bull rush" up the field sort of DLine like the Bucs have had with Rice always coming around wide every play.  They run ALOT of stunts, drop Selvie, rush a LB or DB etc.

So the risk you run is leaving someone COMPLETELY unblocked if you get too cute and that's where I think the big hit is going to come.  Remember, the speed on this D is extremely quick so it doesn't take much of a mistake for your QB to take a bone crushing hit.  I think rather than getting cute, you guys should concentrate on getting the ball out fast and hoping for missed tackles.  WR screens etc. and utilizing your TE as the Tampa 2 has holes all over if your WRs/TEs and QB can recognize the presnap coverage.  Problem is, USF hides it pretty well since they have the speed so they don't have to "cheat" much. 

Back to the top

Ok I see what you are saying but remember this WVU had our Oline coach from last year and he practice against them everyday last year and he could not find away to stop them. I am in no way trying to say Howard is less of a coach then Fray (we all know what he did in the early 1900's ;)) but the WVU coaching staff knows more about our players than FAUs and they could .

Heres to a good game and a BULLS VICTORY
Back to the top

Ruger7mmmag said

Florida_Owl said

Ruger7mmmag said

If you watch the WVU game, our DLine ran a WIDE variety of plays.  They aren't just a "bull rush" up the field sort of DLine like the Bucs have had with Rice always coming around wide every play.  They run ALOT of stunts, drop Selvie, rush a LB or DB etc.

So the risk you run is leaving someone COMPLETELY unblocked if you get too cute and that's where I think the big hit is going to come.  Remember, the speed on this D is extremely quick so it doesn't take much of a mistake for your QB to take a bone crushing hit.  I think rather than getting cute, you guys should concentrate on getting the ball out fast and hoping for missed tackles.  WR screens etc. and utilizing your TE as the Tampa 2 has holes all over if your WRs/TEs and QB can recognize the presnap coverage.  Problem is, USF hides it pretty well since they have the speed so they don't have to "cheat" much.

You guys have a good Defense, but our OL has only given up 5 sack in 162 attempts. Which is pretty darn good. I'll look at your total sacks, so I can get a good idea regarding your pass rush, but our QB Rusty Smith gets the ball out quickly which limits his sacks.
Back to the top

USF Prediction Contest

BULLfreak said

we all know what he did in the early 1900's ;))

HEY!  C'mon now…look at FAU's short history and their accomplishments.  Don't underestimate the old man!  Did make me laugh though.  ;D
Back to the top

Here's a few stats FAU fans may not be aware of…

We are outscoring opponents 35-3 in the first quarter and 31-6 in the third.
We've only given up 5 TDs all season in 4 games; only 2 were rushing and opponents are averaging 2.9 yards per rush.
We've gotten 15 sacks, given up 7
Opponents' 3rd down conversion % is 23%
We have 45 Tackles for loss resulting in 176 yards
10 Ints compared to our opponents' getting 2
We've forced 5 fumbles vs 4 for our opponents
Broken up 28 passes vs. opponents' 9
We've got 43 QHs!

Over 10 times a game when the QB rolls back, things are going to go to hell!  Couple that with ball hawks on the D and you can start to get a picture of just how disruptive this defense is.

Back to the top
Control functions: