Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We want a sea of navy blue!!!!

We want a sea of navy blue!!!!

BLUE OR RED OR BOTH???

The Athletic Department just can't seem to decide. Telling fans to wear FAU Blue or FAU Red???? Do we even know what those colors are?

USF fans will all be in GREEN. I am sure they are not being told to wear USF Green or USF Gold. At Oklahoma State, it was a sea of ORANGE. At Kentucky a sea of BLUE. At FAU, some blue, some red?

Come on, FAU, what's it going to be?

The Voice has been pretty emphatic about Blue being the base color, and everything else is just trim.

Here is what he said on Monday's radio show: "At Kentucky they were all in blue. Just like we should all be in blue when we get out here this Saturday."

Asked about red, The Voice responded: "All blue. White is a trim color, red is a trim color. We want a sea of navy blue."

I thought this had been settled, but it appears the athletic department has a fondness for red, but it is time to let that go. If The Voice says Blue, it's BLUE.

Or else someone needs to change his mind. But enough of this dicotomy. Pick one and stick to it.

Peyton
Back to the top

Re: We want a sea of navy blue!!!!

wear Red and we can turn the stadium into a christmas tree
Back to the top

I creaed a topic for this as well I didn't see this topic when I created the other one. Sorry if I was being repetitive. I believe we should all be in Red. Most of the handouts that the students get are Red Shirts. "Bury the Burrow in Red", "Real Fans Wear Red" etc… I think we should all be in red

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I creaed a topic for this as well I didn't see this topic when I created the other one. Sorry if I was being repetitive. I believe we should all be in Red. Most of the handouts that the students get are Red Shirts. "Bury the Burrow in Red", "Real Fans Wear Red" etc… I think we should all be in red

I usually try to wear both if possible but unfortunately most of my stuff is more on the red side.  The prowlers are in red but I see the coach's point, the team and band are in blue.  ???
Back to the top

I think you guys should go with Red, bc we'll be supplying the Black and Blue this weekend…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

For homecoming there will be an event where they want people to dress in all blue.  Its called "True Fans Were Blue".

So just remeber…. if your a REAL fan you wear RED and if your a TRUE one you put on BLUE

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

I agree, I think we should all be in red. We should settle on 1 color and then maybe let Hutton know so he can post it and we can get the word out to people to wear that color

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

am i the only one who doesn't see a problem with red and blue?

Florida fans seem to deal with orange and blue, both, rather well:
http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/floridafield.jpg

In fact, for special events, they get creative:
http://www.gatorzone.com/billydonovan/images/facilities/oconn_7.jpg

when speaking of kentucky and ok state, they are teams with ONE color and then white… blue and white, orange and white

we are a team, like florida, with TWO colors and white…

red and blue seem fine to me… i don't think it will be hard to find an FAU fan in red and white, opposed to a USF fan in green… those are very different, distinct colors

3 days until we knock off the #6 team in the nation…….

Back to the top

The university needs to ge it together and come up with something official. I know when I was at FAU blue was far more dominant than red. I think the shift to red is fairly recent. I also think that if coach wants blue people should try to go with that and not do something different just because they prefer red.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

If you can't organize what colors to wear to the game, how do you figure on being able to organize a game plan to beat the #6 team in the country?

Back to the top
Control functions: