Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket Update from Ted Hutton's Blog

According to Ted, as of 2:00pm today, more than 1500 students had picked up tickets at the Boca campus. Great news, and there is still 2 days of distribution to go.  Hopefully they all show up!

I'm glad the athletic department listened to the warnings.  Giving away tickets to students to this game in advance is so much better than just guessing a number and praying to not have to turn people away.  I'm hoping for 5,000+ students at the game on Saturday and it looks like a very realistic goal.  It's going to be a great atmosphere Saturday afternoon.
Back to the top

Re: Ticket Update from Ted Hutton's Blog

except they will all be sitting in the endzones…

they HAVE to work on this next………….
Back to the top

who cares if the students have to sit in the frickin endzone? Why should some student who after 5 yrs finally jumped on the Fau bandwagon sit in decent seats. If i was a student and i decided to go to my first ever game i'd be happy to just be in the stadium. I hope that somone doesn't respond with "but they pay with their tuition" argument, does that mean you get 50 yd line seats? To be honest students have done a sucky job so far being fans of this football program. Alumni outnumber students it seems like at every home and away game.
Back to the top

NoInsideGame said

who cares if the students have to sit in the frickin endzone? Why should some student who after 5 yrs finally jumped on the Fau bandwagon sit in decent seats. If i was a student and i decided to go to my first ever game i'd be happy to just be in the stadium. I hope that somone doesn't respond with "but they pay with their tuition" argument, does that mean you get 50 yd line seats? To be honest students have done a sucky job so far being fans of this football program. Alumni outnumber students it seems like at every home and away game.

Hey Curmudgeon,

Put the lemon down! Was all of that necessary? That's what kids do. They jump on the next "Ice Cream Truck" that comes down the street. Every team, everywhere, has it's die-hards. So far, we don't have many of them right now, so let the "Ice Cream Truck Jumpers" hitch a ride for now. Who knows? Everybody might enjoy the ride. ;D
Back to the top

i don't care if they jump on, just don't complain if your're in the last row of the endzone, thats life
Back to the top

NoInsideGame said

i don't care if they jump on, just don't complain if your're in the last row of the endzone, thats life

I won't, but thank for the tip. My son might, but I won't. ;D
Back to the top

I'm sorry if my rant if on comment seemed a little of the cuff but i've been reading some of the other threads and there are a few posters whining and compaining about what would happen if students got turned away and what a tragedy that would be. That is a situation that every big school faces out there, and FAU might have to face it this weekend. The schools have lotteries for the tickets and who doesnt win the lottery doesn't get a ticket and they accept it. I read something about we should have given visitors side tickets to students? Don't agree with that. Thats why its called the VISITORS side.
Back to the top

NoInsideGame said

I'm sorry if my rant if on comment seemed a little of the cuff but i've been reading some of the other threads and there are a few posters whining and compaining about what would happen if students got turned away and what a tragedy that would be. That is a situation that every big school faces out there, and FAU might have to face it this weekend. The schools have lotteries for the tickets and who doesnt win the lottery doesn't get a ticket and they accept it. I read something about we should have given visitors side tickets to students? Don't agree with that. Thats why its called the VISITORS side.

I hear ya, but the school is trying not to be outnumbered for this game. If it were another school like Maryland or Michigan St. then it wouldn't be an issue, but because of the recent success of USF & their proximity, that's why the tickets are a big deal for this game. Next home game, it'll be business as usual.
Back to the top

Ticket Update from Ted Hutton's Blog

I think FAU may is looking at it also from financial standpoint. Why not sell 10,000 tix at $17 a pop, and not reserve 5,000 tickets for students and then only have 1500 hundred show up. I figure they wouldn't want to be stuck with those 3500 tickets and think "if only we'd sold them to USF" The USF crowd is going to be pre-paid and not a walk up crowd.
Back to the top

I am a proud student who is not a bandwagon jump on…I have been a fan since the day I got my acceptance letter. Im pissed that this will be the first game where I will actually have to sit in the endzone  :(  I think those are crappy seats. But it will be nice to see a FULLLLLL stadium!
For the last 2 1/2 years I have been happily sitting on the 35 yard line!
Back to the top
Control functions: