Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USF?

University of South Florida, but wait, isnt tampa considered Central Florida or better yet Centeral West Florida, so shouldnt be UCWF??

I would think that South Florida in most everyones eyes is Dade Broward Palm Beach, even Naples says South West Florida..

And the bulls??? is there alot of Bulls running around the tampa area or was there at one time?

I least we actully have native Owls at the FAU Campus in boca…

Just a thought…

Peyton
Back to the top

Re: USF?

Peyton77 said

University of South Florida, but wait, isnt tampa considered Central Florida or better yet Centeral West Florida, so shouldnt be UCWF??

I would think that South Florida in most everyones eyes is Dade Broward Palm Beach, even Naples says South West Florida..

And the bulls??? is there alot of Bulls running around the tampa area or was there at one time?

Just a thought…

Although located in west-central Florida, at the time of establishment USF was the southernmost public university in the State of Florida, a geographic situation that lent USF its sometimes confusing name.

There you go……..just so you and everyone else can move on with better trash talking ideas.
Back to the top

USF?

Peyton77 said

Just a thought…

In other words, let's welcome South Florida to South Florida.
Back to the top

On_the_Chip said

Peyton77 said

Just a thought…

Although located in west-central Florida, at the time of establishment USF was the southernmost public university in the State of Florida, a geographic situation that lent USF its sometimes confusing name.

There you go……..just so you and everyone else can move on with better trash talking ideas.

What about the bull????

Peyton
Back to the top

There are still plenty of ranches, and bulls, around Tampa.  Most are in the east part of the county.  Central Florida used to be nothing but cattle ranches at one time.  The term "Florida Cracker" came from  cracking the whips the cattle ranchers used to use to round up their cattle.
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

On_the_Chip said

Peyton77 said

Just a thought…

What about the bull????

Are you serious…….you honestly have to be joking.  Florida by the way, and in East Tampa…..have their fair share of ranches, and bulls, and horses, oh my.
Back to the top

Apparently there is also a theory that cracker derives from a Celtic word that meant "braggart" or "big mouth".

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

are there a bunch of Owls flying around Boca?
Back to the top

Actually yes, in a manner of speaking. Lets just say they are "filthy" little buggers.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

RezzUSF said

are there a bunch of Owls flying around Boca?

They live on campus. The Audubon Society actually designated the main campus a burrowing owl sanctuary in 1971.
Back to the top
Control functions: