Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU average tickets

Whats you per game average tickets sales and how many BUTTS do you have in the seats?
Back to the top

Re: FAU average tickets

this is on another thread…unfortunately i cant remember wich one!?

i think the "average" is like 7k+

someone please correct this figure if it is wrong…
Back to the top

I think the average in seats is more like 10,000 with tickets sold closer to 12,000.

Pretty pathetic either way you look at it.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I think the average in seats is more like 10,000 with tickets sold closer to 12,000.

GO OWLS!!!

I disagree. FAU is a very new program that plays in the worst stadium in I-A far from campus. We have no longstanding rivalries. Until this season, we have never had a I-A OOC game at home. Despite this, we have 10000 dedicated fans at games. Compare this to other SBC and MAC programs who have been playing football for a century and still struggle to consistently attract fans.

There are a lot more students living on campus now. Once we have a new on campus stadium attendance will be fine.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I disagree. FAU is a very new program that plays in the worst stadium in I-A far from campus. We have no longstanding rivalries. Until this season, we have never had a I-A OOC game at home. Despite this, we have 10000 dedicated fans at games. Compare this to other SBC and MAC programs who have been playing football for a century and still struggle to consistently attract fans.

There are a lot more students living on campus now. Once we have a new on campus stadium attendance will be fine.

You take these things way too personally. I am not knocking the fans that go to the games. I think it is pretty sad that FAU can only draw 10,000. This is especially true when FAU plays at Dolphin Stadium. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have so much to do with the university as with South Florida in general. Fans a fickle. Miami has a hard time selling out unless they are playing a big rivalry game. Plus there is tons of competition for fans. UF, FSU, Miami, etc. It makes FAU football a hard sell. Once on campus I am sure that things will change dramatically.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Lm77 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

You are certainly wrong about the bolded and underlined part.  We played Oklahoma State at home in JRS about 3 years ago, maybe we didn't play them at Lockhart, but the attendance certainly wasn't much better and it was a home game that was nationally televised on a Thursday night.
Back to the top

FAU average tickets

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

10k in the seats?

i dunno bud…
Back to the top

Whether it is 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, or 10,000, it is still weak. Hopefully this game sparks some interest from casual fans and they start to show up on a regular basis.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Whether it is 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, or 10,000, it is still weak. Hopefully this game sparks some interest from casual fans and they start to show up on a regular basis.

GO OWLS!!!

it probably is 10k…but 1500 of them stay in the parking lot for the beer…so they are sitting, just not in the stadium…lol
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Lm77 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

You are certainly wrong about the bolded and underlined part.  We played Oklahoma State at home in JRS about 3 years ago, maybe we didn't play them at Lockhart, but the attendance certainly wasn't much better and it was a home game that was nationally televised on a Thursday night.

SigEp,
Games at Dolphin Stadium are considered at a neutral site, so they are not technically "home games".
Back to the top
Control functions: