Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Forget the Hype

Re: Forget the Hype

cjdub21-I admire your zest for the Owls, I saw that you picked the Owls to defeat UK last week and have expected your prediction of an Owls win in this game.  I respect a fan that believes in their team.  Will FAU pursue membership into CUSA? 
Back to the top

bullwark said

cjdub21-I admire your zest for the Owls, I saw that you picked the Owls to defeat UK last week and have expected your prediction of an Owls win in this game.  I respect a fan that believes in their team.  Will FAU pursue membership into CUSA?

The talk is that FAU wants to join USF in the BIG EAST. I think that is 5-7 years away. I think a spot in CONF USA will most likely precede a move to the BIG EAST.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

bullwark said

That was blind optimism last week. ;D

On the serious tip, I've seen some things recently that FAU has something documented, that they're looking at the BE. It might be on the board here, & it has a link to the source.

This week, I think we have a good shot. Your defense is great, but any team can get caught, & we play very good early in games. Also, this OOC game isn't in a hostile environment, so our confidence might be really high. Also, no offence, but USF isn't known for their offense.

My Son is on the team, & although he's redshirted, I'm hooked. I'm Bleedin' Blue.
Back to the top

cjdub21 said

bullwark said

On the serious tip, I've seen some things recently that FAU has something documented, that they're looking at the BE. It might be on the board here, & it has a link to the source.

This week, I think we have a good shot. Your defense is great, but any team can get caught, & we play very good early in games. Also, this OOC game isn't in a hostile environment, so our confidence might be really high. Also, no offence, but USF isn't known for their offense.

My Son is on the team, & although he's redshirted, I'm hooked. I'm Bleedin' Blue.

Our offense hasn't padded stats this year but we can move the ball…..and we've done it against some very stiff competition.  It's going to be a good game.
Back to the top

On_the_Chip said

cjdub21 said

bullwark said

Our offense hasn't padded stats this year but we can move the ball…..and we've done it against some very stiff competition.  It's going to be a good game.

I really think so too. What's your honest prediction? I won't blow my cork. ;D
Back to the top

cjdub21 said

On_the_Chip said

cjdub21 said

bullwark said

I really think so too. What's your honest prediction? I won't blow my cork. ;D

I gave it in the prediction thread……..I believe it was USF 31 FAU 17.  But honestly, I could see it being much closer or much more lop-sided.  I really don't know.  We just have to see how well we play each other.
Back to the top

Forget the Hype

Wow, FAU is looking to get into the Big East.  FAU will have to leap over the school in Orlando that would also prefer to be in the Big East. 
Back to the top

"The anvil fears no blows"

or blowhards  ;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

the big east is looking for football only membership i believe (lord knows we don't need anymore basketball teams)  so unless the sun belt would let you stay in conference in the other sports it doesnt look like you guys would make the jump.

i dont really see the conferences changing for a while.  maybe if something happens with the big 10 and either losing penn st to the big east or having ND join either the big 10 or big east for football. 
Back to the top
Control functions: