Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kentucky gets exposed against South Carolina

Looks like Kentucky wasn't as good as they thought. Woodson showed about the same ability as he did against FAU the only difference is that S. Carolina did a better job of covering Kentucky's WRs. Woodson hasn't convinced me that he can throw the deep ball and stretch the field. Lots of nickel and diming though. He excels at screens, quick outs, hitches, and slants. I would have liked to see Kentucky win…it would look better for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Kentucky gets exposed against South Carolina

i loved the SC kept certain plays until the end when they needed them…

they couldnt move the ball to save themselves suntil the fourth quarter when it counted…
Back to the top

I am not so sure as to KU being exposed as SC was to stepping up at home on a Thursday night game with everything to gain.  The Gamecocks were who We thought they were!  We let'm off the hook.  That's what I would say if I was the KU head coach.  Sound familiar?
Back to the top

Kentucky gets exposed against South Carolina

crisp said

I am not so sure as to KU being exposed as SC was to stepping up at home on a Thursday night game with everything to gain.  The Gamecocks were who We thought they were!  We let'm off the hook.  That's what I would say if I was the KU head coach.  Sound familiar?

Maybe so, but Woodson has been anything but impressive. He has yet to prove that he can throw the deep ball and Kentucky's offense is based on 5-7 variations of the same few pass plays. I guess my point is that I do not believe the hype surrounding Kentucky QB Andre Woodson and if Kentucky only goes as far as he will take them, they won't be going too far.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

crisp said

Maybe so, but Woodson has been anything but impressive. He has yet to prove that he can throw the deep ball and Kentucky's offense is based on 5-7 variations of the same few pass plays. I guess my point is that I do not believe the hype surrounding Kentucky QB Andre Woodson and if Kentucky only goes as far as he will take them, they won't be going too far.

GO OWLS!!!

That sure is how it appeared last night, but the two turnovers for touchdowns is what really cemented the game for USC.  BTW…Spurrier is still the biggest jerk in college football.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Woodson has always had a problem hanging on to the ball.  He gave USC 14 points on turnovers and then cost his own team at least 3 (maybe 7) with that int. in the endzone.  He is good, but not great. 
Back to the top

Funny how fast those Heismann candidates are falling off the wagon huh?  Brenan had 5INTS last week, USF took care of White/Slaton I believe, Woodson definitely looked like crap last night, Brohm has too many losses already, McFadden has been limited right?

JD Booty might be the last one standing by default…

Can a DE win it?  I nominate George Selvie…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Ruger7mmmag said

Funny how fast those Heismann candidates are falling off the wagon huh?  Brenan had 5INTS last week, USF took care of White/Slaton I believe, Woodson definitely looked like crap last night, Brohm has too many losses already, McFadden has been limited right?

JD Booty might be the last one standing by default…

Can a DE win it?  I nominate George Selvie…

Not knocking Selvie, but for ANY defensive player to win the Heisman, said defensive player would have to have 123 QB sacks, 2000 Tackles, with 775 Taclkes for Loss, & 75 Int's with 25 TD's

In my 43 yrs, I don't recall a defensive player ever winning it. Selvie's name would have to be on every radio & TV show, 7 days a week, on every station across the country, so others across the nation would even know his name.

Good luck to the kid.
Back to the top

Desmond Howard right?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Ruger7mmmag said

Desmond Howard right?

Does Selvie play on offense & return punts & Kickoffs?

You probably meant Charles Woodson, as I forgot, but he played some offense too & PR/KR, & scored a lot of TD's.
Back to the top
Control functions: