Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mr. Harmon knows as much about the Bulls as Proudowl

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/index.php?src=news&refno=21237&category=Sports%20News

Harmon, who leads the Owls with 20 receptions for 340 yards and a TD, wasn’t impressed with Moffitt’s performance.
“It just seems like he’s in the right place at the right time for some reason, I don’t know why,” Harmon said. “Even when he has a blown assignment, he’s in the wrong spot. The quarterback just throws it to him for some reason.”

Harmon praised the Bulls defensive line, but said the linebackers and secondary weren’t as fast as teams the Owls had faced before, like Kentucky.
Back to the top

Re: Mr. Harmon knows as much about the Bulls as Proudowl

Yes, clearly someone who is actually playing in the games and watching game film of an opponent all week is clueless because he is says something other than glowing praise of USF...
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Yes, clearly someone who is actually playing in the games and watching game film of an opponent all week is clueless because he is says something other than glowing praise of USF…

Ha ha ha….
Back to the top

USF said

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/index.php?src=news&refno=21237&category=Sports%20News

Harmon, who leads the Owls with 20 receptions for 340 yards and a TD, wasn’t impressed with Moffitt’s performance.
“It just seems like he’s in the right place at the right time for some reason, I don’t know why,” Harmon said. “Even when he has a blown assignment, he’s in the wrong spot. The quarterback just throws it to him for some reason.”

Harmon praised the Bulls defensive line, but said the linebackers and secondary weren’t as fast as teams the Owls had faced before, like Kentucky.

You've got to be kidding me.  It's called creating turn overs……the D-Line pressures the QB to throw the ball and to make mistakes.  The LB's are in the right place at the right time and capitalize on a poorly thrown ball.  There's no way a D-1 coach made that comment.  No way!!  Do you have a link or anything?!!!
Back to the top

Dont know what you USF guys are getting all worked up about. In his statement about Moffit that is basically what Moffit said word for word when he was interviewed on the field following the game on ESPN. If you were at the game you probably didnt see it.
Back to the top

Just FYI Big Ben runs a 4.5 40
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Yes, clearly someone who is actually playing in the games and watching game film of an opponent all week is clueless because he is says something other than glowing praise of USF…
I’m not saying it has to be glowing praise.  There are plenty of things that we can pick apart with our offense.  Our D, however, is rock solid and I’d be shocked if you’ve faced a faster D or a better tackeling D all year.  Mel Kiper has Mike Jenkins listed as the #1 NFL corner prospect.  Most experts have our corners listed as the best tandem in the country.  IMHO, saying our LB's and DB's are not that good is crazy.  We’ll see tomorrow.  That’s why we play the game.

FWAA > News > Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week

Senior linebacker intercepts two passes in win over West Virginia
SOUTH FLORIDA'S MOFFITT IS NAGURSKI
NATIONAL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DALLAS (FWAA) – South Florida linebacker Ben Moffitt has been named the FWAA/Bronko Nagurski Defensive Player of the Week for games the weekend of Sept. 29.

Moffitt, a 6-2, 245-pound senior from Bushnell, Fla., had eight tackles (seven unassisted) and made two interceptions in unbeaten South Florida's 21-13 upset of West Virginia. He returned one of the interceptions 28 yards for a touchdown. Two of Moffitt's tackles were for losses. Moffitt added a pass breakup.

Earlier this season, Moffitt's teammate, USF free safety Nate Allen, won this award for his performance in the Bulls' 26-23 overtime victory over Auburn.

Moffitt already is on the 2007 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List. The Bronko Nagurski Trophy will be presented to the best defensive player in college football on Dec. 3 by the FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte, N.C.

Each week during the 2007 season the FWAA All-America Committee will select a national defensive player of the week from nominations made by the 11 Division I Bowl Subdivision Conferences and major independents.

Back to the top

Mr. Harmon knows as much about the Bulls as Proudowl

USF said

LOL

Kentucky SUCKS!  Opposing teams convert over 80% of their 3rd downs!  USF holds opponents to about 25% on third down!  lol

This guy is in for a rude awakening worse than the UNC guys who were so pumped up about their 4.4 speed wideouts and how they were going to put up all sorts of stats on our defense.

Yeah, we all saw how that turned out…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Ruger7mmmag said

USF said

LOL

Kentucky SUCKS!  Opposing teams convert over 80% of their 3rd downs!  USF holds opponents to about 25% on third down!  lol

This guy is in for a rude awakening worse than the UNC guys who were so pumped up about their 4.4 speed wideouts and how they were going to put up all sorts of stats on our defense.

Yeah, we all saw how that turned out…

Dude. UNC is complete garbage. I wouldnt be surprised if SC lays 50 on them next week. Im not discarding you guys in any way. We all know you guys are damned good this year. Personally I dont know why any of our players would be saying anything about your D. Honestly I dont think Harmon was taking a shot at USF, he was just giving his honest opinion. If he ends up being wrong which is highly possible then he will have to eat his crow just as all of us fans will have too if you guys come down here and blow us out. Personally I think this will be much closer than many expect. 
Back to the top

I think we both agree that was probably not the smartest move to say something like that to a team who may have been looking ahead.  If they were, they aren't now.

As for UNC, how did VT only win that game 17-10?  What does that say about where the ACC is right now?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: