Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IF Only...

If only the BOT and City of Boca could of had the foresight that WE all had years ago….

Instead of all the hotel/bar/beach revenue going into the City Of Ft. Lauderdales coffers, they could of been enjoying seeing all those people visit the city, spend MONEY, Rent Hotels, Hang out on all the restaurants along Glades this weekend.

Thank you BOT and City of Boca for screwing your citizens and business out of a great experience by being Pennywise and Pound foolish several years ago.

Glad the stadium is approved, now lets hope the City doesn't try to be foolish and screw it up, and that they look at ALL the excitement being generated. But they wont, since they are typical politicians.

Oh yeah…

LETS GO OWLS!

:)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: IF Only...

In all reality and honesty. Do you folks think the city will try and give FAU a hard time with the stadium?  Also, im not too sure myself but what power does the city have in delaying or fighting the on campus stadium. Ive read in some articles that they actually have no say since it will be on state property but i have a hard time believing they wont have some influence on decisions and progress since the campus is located within the city limits.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

In all reality and honesty. Do you folks think the city will try and give FAU a hard time with the stadium?  Also, im not too sure myself but what power does the city have in delaying or fighting the on campus stadium. Ive read in some articles that they actually have no say since it will be on state property but i have a hard time believing they wont have some influence on decisions and progress since the campus is located within the city limits.

Im not certain myself, since it is state land. However rest assured that they will if they can.

Im just upset because LOOK at whats happeneing. LOCKHART sells out, Tons of fans driving down from USF. A great game is coming, (and one I PRAY we win) and all the excitement is 20 miles down the road from where it should be. Thats the real crime. Im sure every hotel on Glades would of loved to be checking in USF fans tonight and having 80-90% occupancy during "off season". Imagine what the atmosphere in the bars would of been like with all that green and gold around, plus some Blue and Red as well.

Just a damn shame.

:'(

Back to the top

I completely agree.
Back to the top

Maybe we should take this thread & post it in the editorial section of the Sun Sentinel. ;D
Back to the top

LOL

These are the types of thing that Administrations and Politicians forget.

The BOT and Mr. Brogan NEED to use this game as an example of what a Stadium can do for the community. Yes it will increase traffic issues, (maybe) But man who wouldnt want to have all that sexy revenue coming in this weekend? Small time city Boca mentality needs to go.

Hell Ill bet even those cracker bull fans would of dropped some flow in our city if it would of been closer to the game. Course we would of had to pull street sweeps out to wipe up all the dung from thier farm animals.

LETS GO OWLS!

:-* ;)

Back to the top

owlfamily said

LOL

These are the types of thing that Administrations and Politicians forget.

The BOT and Mr. Brogan NEED to use this game as an example of what a Stadium can do for the community. Yes it will increase traffic issues, (maybe) But man who wouldnt want to have all that sexy revenue coming in this weekend? Small time city Boca mentality needs to go.

Hell Ill bet even those cracker bull fans would of dropped some flow in our city if it would of been closer to the game. Course we would of had to pull street sweeps out to wipe up all the dung from thier farm animals.

LETS GO OWLS!

:-* ;)

Even as a USF fan, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this one…too funny…lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

"…now lets hope the City doesn't try to be foolish and screw it up…"

just a little tid-bit of info:

The City has been rendered POWERLESS in this…they no longer have a say in anything in all reality…they tried to, but when it cam out in the wash it only will boil down to this:

FAU Admin wants to be "good nieghbors"…this is State Land…not City…

which is good!

At this juncture, its pretty much like this:

Dear City of Boca Board of Commissioners,

We are building a stadium.

Thanks,

FAU

But they will work to help ensure proper infrastructure, etc with the road expansions on Spanish River to include the interchange, etc…

Personally, i dont see why they even gave them any "consideration" at the onset at all…they immediately opposed it…
Back to the top

IF Only...

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

The City has been rendered POWERLESS in this…they no longer have a say in anything in all reality…they tried to, but when it cam out in the wash it only will boil down to this:

which is good!

Thanks,

FAU

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too much!!!! That was phunny!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfamily said

which is good!

Thanks for your cooperation,

Signed:  FAU

Thought there might be some sort of issue with I-95 and a Exit off of Spanish River. But Im not sure.

BTW Call me and let me know how your other "Project" is going. I lost your email address.

Back to the top
Control functions: