Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OK State tirade

Add topic

So, is Gundy justified, or out of line? Somehow, I just can't imagine such a situation occurring with our press and coach:

Mike Gundy Fired Up Over Article - ESPN Video - ESPN
Back to the top

Re: OK State tirade

I didn't read the article so am not completely informed. However, I did see the whole outburst. I give Gundy lots of respect for standing up for one of his players. I guess that means that yes, he is justified. College players get way too much heat from the press.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

mixed bag…the "journalist" did not have the proper spirit behind her "writing"…and as most do, was trying to "stir the pot"…

but, i do think he could have addressed it differently…its 10% what you say…and 90% how you say it…….
Back to the top

I only read paraphrased material from the article.  It seemed to be based more on opinion than fact but I don't think it was scathing enough for the level of his response.  Why do I think that Gundy's wife is somehow involved in his anger level?  ;D
Back to the top

I was trying to find the article she wrote about the owls pre and post game. She was a little harsh on the Owls.
Back to the top

yeah shes ..... whatever.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

So, is Gundy justified, or out of line? Somehow, I just can't imagine such a situation occurring with our press and coach:

Mike Gundy Fired Up Over Article - ESPN Video - ESPN

I don't know what the article says but I did watch the video and I think the coach took it a little far.
Back to the top

OK State tirade

I love it when a coach sticks up for his athlete's.  When you have kids you will understand!
Back to the top

Interesting to see what Marcus had to say about this on his Blog - A reporters point of view anyway.

I can understand him defending his players, I don't care for his approach - as a Coach, leader of that teams & someone that represents Ok. St. - you have to be in control under these type of circumstances and not let one persons opinions have that much influences on the matter.  Like Marcus mentioned it should have been handled in private.
Back to the top
Control functions: