Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

When will FIU win again?

When will FIU win again?

Dec. 1 North Texas
When Cristobal leaves
When Strock comes back

You must select between 1 and 25 options

What's everyone think? How long will the longest losing streak in the country last?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: When will FIU win again?

When will FIU win again?

It would be great if they beat Troy!  I know it might take a miracle, but that would lock us for a bowl game!
Back to the top

If the Golden Kitties defeat Troy  :o that would surely stir things up a bit.

I see two chances for them, right now: ULM & UNT and I am leaning towards ULM.
Back to the top

Problem is, ULM has a hell of an RB who can run on anyone.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Problem is, ULM has a hell of an RB who can run on anyone.

EXCEPT us……. ;)
Back to the top

While I'm killing a little time here waiting for the in-laws to show up, I wandered over to the FIU boards to see what they have been discussing. Looks a little deserted over there. No one has posted anything for days. I wonder if this season has taken its toll.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

What's everyone think? How long will the longest losing streak in the country last?

2009… when they decide to drop back down to division i-aa

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

;D 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

While I'm killing a little time here waiting for the in-laws to show up, I wandered over to the FIU boards to see what they have been discussing. Looks a little deserted over there. No one has posted anything for days. I wonder if this season has taken its toll.

I stopped by as well (I also stop by the UCF and USF boards too, so this isn't about FIU in particular).

Anyway, there was some talk about their losses, talk about how badly the alumni association treats graduates, some pictures from games with the same couple of people in them, and strangest enough, talk about expanding their stadium to 45,000 seats.

I wonder: did anyone write in to the Miami Herald and say, "Why is FIU spending all this money on athletics when state schools are about education?" (I have the same question about UCF's splurge-a-thon on amenities) or do we only get those people in Boca for some reason?
Back to the top

I think FIU's program is a perfect example as to why we at FAU are so fortunate. It seems like a lot of times we as fans take our football programs for granted. We think a fan base and winning is just something that should automatically happen. We think that starting up programs like UCF & FAU are just automatic givens. However, I think FIU and all of the problems they are encountering is more of the norm….Personally, I think FIU football  is in big trouble. I think their fan base is gone. There seems to be no air left in the program and they have the nations longest losing streak. I would not be surprised if the move back to Division 1AA and try to rework their entire program. I think FIU made a major mistake of jumping into Division 1A way before they were ready. They thought they were only right behind FAU and that was a big mistake. We were one of the best teams in the entire nation in Division 1AA before we made our move and they were not even close. It sure is funny how easy things always seem to look when someone else is doing it. We should all be so thankful to the football gods for allowing FAU to acquire a coach such as Howard Schnellenberger. I know I for one thank them often…
Back to the top
Control functions: