Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Post story about the Arena

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Post story about the Arena

Not that it is getting much attention with the football season strongly in gear but they pulled down most of the fencing on the east side and it is clearly visible from the road now…

and NO I DIDNT NOT GO INSIDE…

but i did drive by…you can see the palm trees are planted as well as alot of the landscaping…sod is remaining though…hand railing is in for the new entryways as well on the east and west side(s)…

i dont see why they cant be done in two weeks…it appears to be well on schedule…

and it is going to look pretty darn sharp!

will be inetresting to see where "they" rank in amongst the conference opponents places now…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Not that it is getting much attention with the football season strongly in gear but they pulled down most of the fencing on the east side and it is clearly visible from the road now…

and NO I DIDNT NOT GO INSIDE…

but i did drive by…you can see the palm trees are planted as well as alot of the landscaping…sod is remaining though…hand railing is in for the new entryways as well on the east and west side(s)…

i dont see why they cant be done in two weeks…it appears to be well on schedule…

and it is going to look pretty darn sharp!

will be inetresting to see where "they" rank in amongst the conference opponents places now…

Thanks for the update.  Maybe i'll take a swing by this weekend to take a look.  I wish they'd update the photos on the website.  They haven't posted new ones since the 11th.  I'd love to see the progress on the inside.
Back to the top

Hey Florida Owl…You would think if they are going to come on here and give you crap about going inside to take pictures they would try to update they website with photos, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Typical FAU administration, poor performance as usual.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think it might be hard for them to take pics do to the amount of action taking place inside to finish on time.  The scheduled compleation date is a little over 2 weeks away.   And maybe the lack of pictures is to keep us in suspense until it is officially opened. 

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I think it might be hard for them to take pics do to the amount of action taking place inside to finish on time.  The scheduled compleation date is a little over 2 weeks away.   And maybe the lack of pictures is to keep us in suspense until it is officially opened.

For what it's worth to everyone who can't stop by campus on a regular basis, I went by there today and things are coming along very well. The gift shop has some wood up, they're laying the brick pavers and they've started planting palm trees.
Back to the top

I drove by this past weekend and it does look great on the outside.  Plus, this was a Saturday and it looked like there was a full crew there working on the place, so they are really working hard at completing the project.  I would like to see the pictures updated on the website though.  I'm very curious to see what the inside looks like.  Hopefully they will update them soon, especially with the basketball tickets on sale now.  Showing people how much more inviting the Arena is can only help sell some seats.  I love watching FAU basketball, but man was that place depressing to go to.  It was dark and dreary from the moment you got into the parking lot.  At least from what I have seen from the outside, it will have a completely different atmosphere.
Back to the top

Post story about the Arena

FAUtuba said

Those are two of the lamest excuses I have heard in a long time. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

new pics up
Back to the top

apetbrown said

new pics up

Yep. Was going to mention that. I'm loving all the wood and the doors on the Team Store. Little concerned that the bleachers are still in – what happened to all chairbacks?

Can't wait to get in there.
Back to the top
Control functions: