Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU, UCF, Penn State and Notre Dame should join the BIG EAST

Big east gets 12 teams, 2 divisions, a playoff. What the hell is Penn State doing in the Big Ten anyway? Notre Dame needs a conference! USF kicks your butt for a few years until you get totally competitive and we all get great football in the end.
Back to the top

Re: FAU, UCF, Penn State and Notre Dame join BIG EAST!

I like the idea but, Penn St will never move and ND will never join the Big East. Don't know about the kick your butt for a couple of years part either.

We'll find out tomorrow how close or how far apart these programs are.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Why would Penn State join the BIG EAST?? If anything PITT will leave the BIG EAST and go to the BIG TEN. Notre Dame will also stay put unless they go to the BIG TEN (which is highly unlikely). The only teams that might end up in the BIG EAST in the next 5-7 years are UCF and FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Penn state only joined in 1990 and is the red headed step child there. Great intra state rivelry with Pitt. Notre Dame already is partly in as it is in BBall. Also, I can dream can't I?
Back to the top

Notre Dame will never join any conference, they get way too much $ for TV rights to spilt with other teams… Notre Dame joined the Big East for B ball bc its one of the strongest conferences..

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

Notre Dame will never join any conference, they get way too much $ for TV rights to spilt with other teams…

I think I might have to disagree with you on that one…I believe it is just a matter of time before Notre Dame football joins a conference. Yes, they do make a ton of money from their tv rights, but their program is going into the crapper.

Unless Notre Dame changes with the times, they risk the possibility of nobody wanting to watch them period. Once that happens, the TV networks will dump them. Being in a conference makes each week exciting.
Back to the top

Bullsrbest said

Penn state only joined in 1990 and is the red headed step child there. Great intra state rivelry with Pitt. Notre Dame already is partly in as it is in BBall. Also, I can dream can't I?

They aren't the red-headed stepchild. I was born and raised in BIG TEN country and trust me on this one, Penn State is as much a part of the BIG TEN as any other team. Besides, the BIG TEN is trying to expand and might lure PITT away from the BIG EAST.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU, UCF, Penn State and Notre Dame should join the BIG EAST

owlfan1 said

They aren't the red-headed stepchild.

Hey what the hell is that suppose to mean?…I am a red-headed stepchild. Do you ever see me on here making fun of caveman?
Back to the top

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

They aren't the red-headed stepchild.

Hey what the hell is that suppose to mean?…I am a red-headed stepchild. Do you ever see me on here making fun of caveman?

If you did I am sure that all of those guys from USF would get pretty pissed.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Why would Penn State join the BIG EAST?? If anything PITT will leave the BIG EAST and go to the BIG TEN. Notre Dame will also stay put unless they go to the BIG TEN (which is highly unlikely). The only teams that might end up in the BIG EAST in the next 5-7 years are UCF and FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

::)

UCF, yes.  FAU?  Keep dreaming.  Memphis, Marshall, and East Carolina will get priority over the Boca Raton, Florida-based university whose estimated 10,000 average attendance this season so far is good enough to be the lowest average in all of Division 1-A football even behind Western Kentucky.

Now, how is FAU supposed to be appealing to the Big East when FAU football isn't even appealing to the people in Broward County?
Back to the top
Control functions: