Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith

I didnīt get to see the game today and this doesnīt have much to do with the team but Rusty is a really really impressive qb.  Heīs only a sophomore and he already has over 1500 yards passing with 12 tdīs to only 3 intīs.  Thats against some great competition like todayīs corners.  He really should put up some huge numbers the next 2.5 years.
Back to the top

Re: Rusty Smith

Hope so my only problem with him is inconsistincy.. He tends to throw the ball high at times but he had another impressive game.  We need a new kicker that boy Leroy out of Heritage highschool in Boca has to go. You cant be playing D1A ball and miss three field goals in one game.
Back to the top

I agree.. he has a lot of upside. He did make a few bad decisions today (even if they turned out to be great catches and not an INT). For example, that throw that went across his body across the field.. ended up being a great catch, but more times than one that would be an INT.. HOWEVER, if he keeps improving, he'll be an awesome QB.. (maybe comparable to Jared Allen??)
Back to the top

Let's keep it positive!  Leroy will bounce back (they were not easy field goals) and Smith will grow more consistant!  Keep the faith!  We will win the BELT!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Just back from the game... as a USF fan I was extremely impressed with your QB. He makes good decisions and has very good accuracy.
Back to the top

Leroy has never been impressive, the first Field goal attempt… AHHHHH….. it looked good from one angle but the other… wufff…. 
Back to the top

I gotta admit ive had my doubts concerning Rustys(big red) abilities. I will eat my crow and give him deserved credit.  He has consistently showed great improvement since that first game at Clemson last year and has really become a good qb with possibilities of becoming a great qb as well. Great job today guys.
Back to the top

I will agree with that he is consistant with improving, he has allot of potential
Back to the top

Rusty is one cool kid, kept his composure throughout the game, he should take the Owls to their first bowl game.
Back to the top

Rusty Smith

bighooter said

Leroy has never been impressive, the first Field goal attempt… AHHHHH….. it looked good from one angle but the other… wufff….

Unbelievable, this guy. Three missed field goals. People in the stands were asking how this guy ever got on a college football team, let alone a good one like FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: