Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I know No ONE likes Moral Victories....

but good game today guys.  probably the best 3-3 team in the nation.  your front 7 on defense is very tough and that catch and run by #88 i think when he jumped over Mike Jenkins…that was CRAZY ability.

good luck the rest of the way and looks like you guys shouldnt have any trouble winning the sun belt.
Back to the top

Re: I know No ONE likes Moral Victories....

You are right…moral victories suck, but to see how far we have come, is very impressive.  Yeah, we'll be kicking ourselves about the missed opportunities these next 2 weeks until our next game, but to beat Minnesota and to play as close as we did against a top 10 team is pretty incredible when you think about it.  The best part of these OOC games this year is that we aren't physically overmatched anymore like years past.  Even in last week's game against UK, we are right there.  We are so close to not just competing with these types of teams but beating them.  That is our next challenge.  It can be done, all our guys have to do is look at the team across the sideline today.
Back to the top

I know No ONE likes Moral Victories....

Some of that will come from experience.  8)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

RezzUSF said

but good game today guys.  probably the best 3-3 team in the nation.  your front 7 on defense is very tough and that catch and run by #88 i think when he jumped over Mike Jenkins…that was CRAZY ability.

good luck the rest of the way and looks like you guys shouldnt have any trouble winning the sun belt.

Our DL has been our strenght and looks like they where playing pretty good with our top two DT,DE out for the year.  Hopefully Mertilus injury is not svere, we can't afford to lose anothe DT right now.
Back to the top

Nice game, I hope you put the fear into our program but I have to tell you I think you will win the Sun Belt conference if you keep playing like that.

Good luck
Back to the top

Strange how momentum swings in college football. On Saturday, it was critical that South Florida avoid any letdown after a sterling performance in its previous game. Now, with pretty damned good performance behind them and a bye week coming up, the Owls have to guard against a letdown when they resume conference play after that.
Back to the top

I don't think we have to worry about a let down, I would like to see us finish drive, tackles and not leave soo many points on the field (a repeating theme all season) - then again USF playmakers made some great plays in the second half that we were able to contain in the first.
Back to the top

Bytor said

I don't think we have to worry about a let down, I would like to see us finish drive, tackles and not leave soo many points on the field (a repeating theme all season) - then again USF playmakers made some great plays in the second half that we were able to contain in the first.

I agree, I wouldn't be too worried about a let down.  This team gets that the goal this season is to win the Belt….and they saw what happens when you come out flat against anyone when UNT jumped in front on us a few weeks ago.  They made enough mistakes yesterday that the off week is coming at a good time.  There is plenty to work on and a week of practice without having to prepare for a game can only help.
Back to the top

I had family in town from South Florida, so I took them to New Orleans for the day, but had someone phoning me with updates during the game as we walked around NOLA and I have to say, without even looking at the game notes yet, I have to congratulate you guys for hanging in there.  It seemed like every time he called me with a USF score, FAU answered pretty quickly.

Good game and I hope you guys WIN OUT. 

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

There is one thing that is going for us this year, as opposed to years past is, we enter the heart of our conference schedule without a losing record. IMO that is a big boost, for our team's psyche, along with the way we have played against our OOC foes. Taking USF down to the final minutes of the game with a chance to win, should give our guys a lot of confidence down the stretch.
Back to the top
Control functions: