Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

From around the Internet...

I don't know about you guys, but I always look at other team's message boards after our games, just to see what they are saying about us.  A lot of other state teams were following our game yesterday.  Most of what people on the UCF, USF, and UM message boards say is complimentary.  UCF has a thread asking if we can catch up with them.  One guy said USF was struggling with a "mediocre" FAU, but most other people seem to agree we aren't far from being where they are.  They say that our attendance and conference are holding us back, which I can't argue with.  We can't really change our conference right now, but we can fix the attendance problem.  Hopefully everyone out there yesterday makes it a point to be at the rest of the home games!

One other thread I thought was interesting was a game thread on a Canes board.  They were following the game and laughing at the Big East refs and how they were protecting their golden ticket with that call on the punt(and Canes fans know first hand about Big East officiating).  Then they said they missed a pass interference call late in the 4th and said the game was a hachet job by the officials.  Now, I'm not one to blame refs after a loss, but i'll certainly let others do it for me!

The USF board is mostly complimentary, although there is one guy complaining that FAU has the worst fans ever because his car flags were torn down, his blowup monkey doll was busted, and FAU fans were taunting their fans after a TD.  Whatever…you come into an opposing team's building and you have to expect a certain amount of that stuff.
Back to the top

Re: From around the Internet...

Uh, mix that with some alcohol, and it will happen every time.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

From around the Internet...

Cane fans aren't happy that they lost to a team that USF crushed.  FAU played great, lots of heart.  USF was flat after the WVa game, however, no excuse, USF has to learn to play with the bullseye on them.  Most FAU fans were friendly and cordial, however there were a small percentage of FAU fans that were not, happens with any fan base.  Good Luck on the rest of the year, win the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

bullwark said

Cane fans aren't happy that they lost to a team that USF crushed.  FAU played great, lots of heart.  USF was flat after the WVa game, however, no excuse, USF has to learn to play with the bullseye on them.  Most FAU fans were friendly and cordial, however there were a small percentage of FAU fans that were not, happens with any fan base.  Good Luck on the rest of the year, win the Sun Belt.

I'm sure that happens anywhere you go. There is no need for anyone to be nasty. It's just a football game, but a lot of people get beer muscles. There were a few USF fans sitting in the FAU student section none of them started with us, they were all very nice and shaking our hands when we put up a fight against you guys, until the 4th quarter when I think they got scared we may win they left and I think went to go sit with the rest of the USF fans lol.

Overall it was a great game, walked around during the tailgating didn't see or hear of any fights, even saw some FAU and USF fans hanging out drinking and tailgating together. Most FAU fans aren't like that, don't let 1 or 2 idiots give a bad name to everyone else.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Call me sentimental, but 2 images stuck in my mind from last night, and they had nothing to do with football. Saw a woman leaving after the game talking on her cell phone "Aw honey, you guys played a great game…", and then later saw one player walking out to the car with his parents.

I guess that is why college football is so different from the pros. They really have their heart in it.

Back to the top

After seeing the replay of that punt interference call, I am sick. What a blown call. The USF player ran into his own man! That was the game, right there.

I guess that could not be challenged?

If the USF guy is mad about his flag being stolen, we're even. Someone broke into my truck bed and stole a 2-liter bottle of Coke (left the Mountain Dew) and broke the flag right off my window.
Back to the top

Hopefully when we get a new stadium, we will have better security, and better parking arrangements. For the most part I saw a good security presence. I agree that call was frustrating.

Back to the top

The call was very frustrating–why couldn't it of been reviewed??  The great thing about yesterday is that I had the entire bar in Knoxville, Tennessee watching the OWLS–they were nice enough to put it on 2 T.V.'s.  There was a sea of Orange for the VOLS and then me in my Blue FAU jersey going crazy!  They are all know true believers in our program!  I guess we will have to win them over one at a time!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

That is how you do it buddy!

Back to the top

Does the stadium security company hire homeless people off the street and provide no customer service training? They all seem to have "I don't want to work here" looks on their faces, they are mostly nasty and not helpful and they do so much image damage to Fort Lauderdale and FAU.

And could the police have made a bad situation any worse after the game by restricting all outgoing traffic west on Commercial? Duh! I-95 is east!

There was very little police presence directing the flow out of the stadium (in fact, I saw none). Even churches are required to have police direct traffic after masses.

They also blocked the turn lanes that keep anyone from making U-turns.

The will-call situation and snaking line was completely unnecessary.

It just makes me think the people who run Lockhart have no idea how to handle a public event.

An on-campus stadium cannot come too soon.

Oh, and I want to make sure to mention something positive. The issues FAU controlled were done pretty well. The kiddy area was fine, as were the tailgating and fod, drink offerings. I even saw that they were selling Owl Water!

The alcohol cops must not have made it because there were some real crazies out there, topped of by the guy sitting on a couch atop a beat up Volvo station wagon. As the car drove away after the game, he and the couch came toppling off the car backward. Both appeared to survive.

But that must have left a mark.

Back to the top
Control functions: