Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So what do we have to do NEXT?

21,000 fans… great atmosphere… close game… nothing but good things said about FAU across the state and nationally by media… what's next for US FANS to do for this program?

well, out of 21,000 fans, it was easily 60-40 FAU fans (maybe even closer to 50-50)… USF fans showed up in bus-loads and you can't have anything but respect for them and what they did…

so keeping that in mind, let's say ROUGHLY 11,500 fans were FAU… that's ABOUT our average, which is sad but reality

SO WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO NEXT?  how are we going to get AT LEAST up 17,000-18,000 fans for ULM?  it's homecoming, which will help, but how do we get 7 or 8,000 more fans out?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: So what do we have to do NEXT?

fauowl09 said

21,000 fans… great atmosphere… close game… nothing but good things said about FAU across the state and nationally by media… what's next for US FANS to do for this program?

well, out of 21,000 fans, it was easily 60-40 FAU fans (maybe even closer to 50-50)… USF fans showed up in bus-loads and you can't have anything but respect for them and what they did…

so keeping that in mind, let's say ROUGHLY 11,500 fans were FAU… that's ABOUT our average, which is sad but reality

SO WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO NEXT?  how are we going to get AT LEAST up 17,000-18,000 fans for ULM?  it's homecoming, which will help, but how do we get 7 or 8,000 more fans out?

I would say 60-40 is correct, I agree with that number. However, 11,500 fans is our regular number. But you are neglecting one important fact. The entire west endzone was full…with STUDENTS! We have not had them, in that quantity, all season long.

So if you take the 11,500 plus the students, what 3000 maybe, that's almost the 15,000 min. I think the way they distributed the tickets, on campus, instead of making the kids come to the gate was important. They should keep doing it that way in the future.

Can't wait for the on campus stadium…what would the student number be then?

Go Owls!
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

If a full sideline and student endzone is 11,500, then I think what it shows is that we are really drawing about 8,000-10,000 most games.  I think when you looked around, there was probably about 13,000 FAU fans there.  There were a few hundred mixed in on the visitor sideline, and a couple hundred more in the opposing endzone.

What we have to do is just keep consistantly growing.  Every year and every game, the attendance has gotten a little bit better.  Think back a few years and there were maybe 3,000-4,000 fans at the games.  Now, there is at least a solid 8,000-10,000 in the stands.  That is no small jump.  Games like yesterday will really help getting the word out about what a great time FAU football is.  It will make the games the place for students to be on Saturdays.

I don't believe we'll make the "big leap" in attendance(i'm talking over 15,000-20,000 a game on a consistant basis) until we get on campus.  I mean, we all saw Lockhart's limitations yesterday.  It just isn't suited for big time college football, and really just not a great place to be.  Once we get on campus, all that will change.
Back to the top

So what do we have to do NEXT?

prowler said

fauowl09 said

I would say 60-40 is correct, I agree with that number. However, 11,500 fans is our regular number. But you are neglecting one important fact. The entire west endzone was full…with STUDENTS! We have not had them, in that quantity, all season long.

So if you take the 11,500 plus the students, what 3000 maybe, that's almost the 15,000 min. I think the way they distributed the tickets, on campus, instead of making the kids come to the gate was important. They should keep doing it that way in the future.

Go Owls!

i respectfully disagree with you on ONE point: making the students go to room 215 in the student union won't work for the rest of the season… students VOLUNTARILY went to 215 because it was south florida we played… students won't go out of their way for tickets to UL-Monroe… it's unfortunate… there's gotta be a way to get them there… i think we need to get players out in the breezeway with their uniforms on, passing fliers about the game against ULM… we have THREE weeks to get this done… an off week, at ull, then game day against ulm

THREE WEEKS… let's brainstorm and ANNOY athletics with emails until they take some of our ideas

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

prowler said

fauowl09 said

Go Owls!

i respectfully disagree with you on ONE point: making the students go to room 215 in the student union won't work for the rest of the season… students VOLUNTARILY went to 215 because it was south florida we played… students won't go out of their way for tickets to UL-Monroe… it's unfortunate… there's gotta be a way to get them there… i think we need to get players out in the breezeway with their uniforms on, passing fliers about the game against ULM… we have THREE weeks to get this done… an off week, at ull, then game day against ulm

THREE WEEKS… let's brainstorm and ANNOY athletics with emails until they take some of our ideas

Maybe they can send the mascot and the cheerleaders out handing out t-shirts and fliers with the remaining home schedule on it.  That was just the first thing to come to mind…should be a quiet week around here, so we have plenty of time to come up with more.
Back to the top

Not to keep bringing up this subject but I hope they move the student secion over to the northwest sideline seats for the remainder of the games.  The atmosphere is much better overall and the students feel like they are  in the game.

I know a few have complained about moving them over there but I have had season tickets on the visitors side since Slippery Rock and I would prefer a little noise and craziness that the students bring over usual silence. I am sick of hearing myself yell.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Not to keep bringing up this subject but I hope they move the student secion over to the northwest sideline seats for the remainder of the games.  The atmosphere is much better overall and the students feel like they are  in the game.

I know a few have complained about moving them over there but I have had season tickets on the visitors side since Slippery Rock and I would prefer a little noise and craziness that the students bring over usual silence. I am sick of hearing myself yell.

i agree!!

hundreds of sets just sitting there open…………….
Back to the top

If we just keep playing well and winning the fans will come (even all the way to Lockhart).  Would be nice to see more students coming out.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Right you are, Walty12. In South Florida, consistent winners draw....
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Since about 12,000 fans came for USF, you're asking another 5k-6k fans to materialize out of nowhere to play an unranked team from a school that most people at FAU have never heard of.

I don't think it's possible. I think it's possible to get 12k fans but more than that would be very difficult.
Back to the top
Control functions: