Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU: Get ready for probation

Topic Galleries - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The NCAA does not take these types of infractions lightly.

We keep going in the right direction and they keep falling on their faces.
Back to the top

Re: FIU: Get ready for probation

I feel bad for them.
Lets keep going in the right direction.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

That really stinks for them!  Keep it on the up & up FAU!
Back to the top

The air was out of their small crowd last night. You could just feel the deflation.

I was sad for them, but the die-hards did stay true to their school.

FIU does have some talent and will get better. But probabtion would be the last straw.

Back to the top

Its sad because we started our programs at relatively the same time, Shula Bowl, the whole thing you know?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

BMarkey said

The air was out of their small crowd last night. You could just feel the deflation.

I was sad for them, but the die-hards did stay true to their school.

FIU does have some talent and will get better. But probabtion would be the last straw.

Bmarkey,

What was the crowd like at FIU last night?  I saw that they announced 5700, which is suprisingly low considering they usually announce seats sold…which is why last year they announced over 15K for most games, even though a few thousand were actually there.

I think they will eventually figure it out over there, but it looks like it will take them another 2 or 3 years before they recover.  It's kind of weird…They seemed to play decently well against Maryland and UM, but then went out and got smacked by MTSU and Troy.  If the Sun Belt is going to jump over some other non-BCS conferences, FIU can't continue being the worst team in I-A.
Back to the top

FIU: Get ready for probation

There is quite a debate going on the Troy board over how Troy shut down the first-teamers in the third quarter. Before that, after going down 7-0, Troy was starting to score at will.

The crowd might have been at 5,000, but it was probably more like 3,000 to 4,000. Possibly less. It was difficult to see at times because as short rain storms would pass through, all but the die-hards would rush under the upper deck overhang.

FAU has never had even close to as small of a crowd I saw last night. Troy brought its pep band and had very few people to entertain.

Last year, FIU was obviously not stating actual attendance. This year, they seem to be closer to reality.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

There is quite a debate going on the Troy board over how Troy shut down the first-teamers in the third quarter. Before that, after going down 7-0, Troy was starting to score at will.

The crowd might have been at 5,000, but it was probably more like 3,000 to 4,000. Possibly less. It was difficult to see at times because as short rain storms would pass through, all but the die-hards would rush under the upper deck overhang.

FAU has never had even close to as small of a crowd I saw last night. Troy brought its pep band and had very few people to entertain.

Last year, FIU was obviously not stating actual attendance. This year, they seem to be closer to reality.

Maybe we can buy FIU's new stadium seats for 5 cents on the dollar…
Back to the top

Here are some pictures I found from FIU's game… it's empty…

Password required | FIU Sports | MiRi | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Here are some pictures I found from FIU's game… it's empty…

Password required | FIU Sports | MiRi | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Ooft! But when you have the longest losing streak in the nation (or something like that) it's definitely hard to draw fans. Hopefully they can get it together and win their non-FAU games in the later half of the season.
Back to the top
Control functions: