Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USF moves up to # 5 in the AP poll

USF moves up to # 5 in the AP poll

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: USF moves up to # 5 in the AP poll

This kind of surprises me a little bit...
Back to the top

dolfan3033 said

This kind of surprises me a little bit…

Had Wisconsin & USC won I fully believe USF would have dropped in the rankings maybe to # 9 or 10

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

dolfan3033 said

This kind of surprises me a little bit…

Had Wisconsin & USC won I fully believe USF would have dropped in the rankings maybe to # 9 or 10

USF has a very tough road ahead, granted they beat the #1 team in the big east WVU, but they still have cincy, rutgers, lousville, im sure they will loose one of those after what FAU was able to put on tape, to expose them.. They may still win the big east unless they drop 2.

Peyton
Back to the top

How does UF lose two games in a row (one of them being to an unranked team in Gainesville) and still hang around the top 10? 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

How does UF lose two games in a row (one of them being to an unranked team in Gainesville) and still hang around the top 10?

I was thinking the same thing….

Also, how does BC jump USF in the polls when we [USF] beat 2 ranked teams and BC has only beaten 1…Is it because they've played one more game this year due to an early bye week for USF?…
Back to the top

I looked over who BC has played and who USF has played and the opposing teams overall record, who they played and their biggest win year to date.

BC might be 6 - 0 vs. 5 - 0 but they haven't played anyone who has beaten anyone other than their win against #15 GA Tech who did beat Clemson. That's it.  USF Beat #17 Auburn who in turn beat #4 Florida and #5 W. VA.

It makes no sense that BC would jump USF, but you might as well get used to to it, USF will not get the nod until they have been around alot longer, it's just the way it is.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Dusky,

So true…IT will take time to show the CF community that USF is not having a 1-off season. On top of that, BE conference tends not to get as much love compared to the ACC, SEC or PAC-10; except this year we are receiving some love from ESPN….

Just keep on winning and then history will write itself!

Good luck with the rest of your season. I hope you guys take the Sun-Belt conf. championship.
Back to the top
Control functions: