Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

From around the Internet...

Re: From around the Internet...

I don't understand why there was no review because in the highlights two of the refs indicated FAU ball and then the flag. I know game is over and move on but you never know ???
Back to the top

That call was bad. the other usf guy ran into the returner.  should have been fau ball!
Back to the top

I don't understand why on the Bulls message board (and it's not just theirs, but a lot of teams message boards) they feel the need to talk about our fans and calling us "classless". First of all, you were the visiting team, you cannot expect to be treated like royalty no matter how high your team is ranked. Second, it's a college football game, meaning many of the fans are college students…..many of whom have been drinking. Also, most times it goes both ways, I'm sure there were an equal number of USF fans taunting and doing other "classless" things toward the Owls fans. Entering the stadium, there were plenty of USF fans screaming and yelling "FA Who?" and the like….but you've just got to accept it, it is what makes the atmosphere fun. I'm not saying that some Owl fans didn't cross the line, but I'm certain that a percentage of USF fans did the same.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I don't understand why on the Bulls message board (and it's not just theirs, but a lot of teams message boards) they feel the need to talk about our fans and calling us "classless". First of all, you were the visiting team, you cannot expect to be treated like royalty no matter how high your team is ranked. Second, it's a college football game, meaning many of the fans are college students…..many of whom have been drinking. Also, most times it goes both ways, I'm sure there were an equal number of USF fans taunting and doing other "classless" things toward the Owls fans. Entering the stadium, there were plenty of USF fans screaming and yelling "FA Who?" and the like….but you've just got to accept it, it is what makes the atmosphere fun. I'm not saying that some Owl fans didn't cross the line, but I'm certain that a percentage of USF fans did the same.

There are people who think you are supposed to go to a college football game, sit in your seat and clap on the occasional play.  Wrong! It's supposed to be loud and a little in your face to the other fans.  The point is to have a little fun without going over the line. There were plenty of USF fans around me that I could classify as classless but I think they were just having a good time cheering on their team and giving us a shot here and there.  No harm, that's football, to those that think are fans were classless you need to look at yourself and you'll find the same people on both sides. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

In my experience the USF fans mostly hammed it up but some did try to argue with us. However, there was plenty of FAU beer muscles near me. A war almost erupted over by the west endzone. Two huge guys weren't taking any sh*t from Bulls. Lots of pride. Lots of fire.

Again, as you guys have said, it happens. I think some USF fans thought we didn't have much of a fanbase and so the game would be a very smooth ride where they'd get to gloat and we'd get to stomach it, no contest. Not the case.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Does the stadium security company hire homeless people off the street and provide no customer service training? They all seem to have "I don't want to work here" looks on their faces, they are mostly nasty and not helpful and they do so much image damage to Fort Lauderdale and FAU.

And could the police have made a bad situation any worse after the game by restricting all outgoing traffic west on Commercial? Duh! I-95 is east!

There was very little police presence directing the flow out of the stadium (in fact, I saw none). Even churches are required to have police direct traffic after masses.

They also blocked the turn lanes that keep anyone from making U-turns.

The will-call situation and snaking line was completely unnecessary.

It just makes me think the people who run Lockhart have no idea how to handle a public event.

An on-campus stadium cannot come too soon.

Oh, and I want to make sure to mention something positive. The issues FAU controlled were done pretty well. The kiddy area was fine, as were the tailgating and fod, drink offerings. I even saw that they were selling Owl Water!

The alcohol cops must not have made it because there were some real crazies out there, topped of by the guy sitting on a couch atop a beat up Volvo station wagon. As the car drove away after the game, he and the couch came toppling off the car backward. Both appeared to survive.
But that must have left a mark.

That's classic!!! I would've paid to see that myself. He should have had a sign around his neck stating, "Instant A-hole: Just add alcohol." ;D

Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowls44 said

In my experience the USF fans mostly hammed it up but some did try to argue with us. However, there was plenty of FAU beer muscles near me. A war almost erupted over by the west endzone. Two huge guys weren't taking any sh*t from Bulls. Lots of pride. Lots of fire.

Again, as you guys have said, it happens. I think some USF fans thought we didn't have much of a fanbase and so the game would be a very smooth ride where they'd get to gloat and we'd get to stomach it, no contest. Not the case.

I have to agree with you owlcountry you're dead on.
Back to the top

Hey BMarkey…we were right there when the guy went flying off the couch on the car.  There is a Darwin award just waiting to be handed out.  As for the FLPD…can you say Assholes!?  We were tossing the ball waiting for the traffic to subside a little before we headed out.  This FLPD that looked like he was still in high school came up to my friend and was like…"You guys need to get out of here".  My buddy was cordial and joked with him.  He told him we were just going to wait a little longer until the traffic was less and all of a sudden Mr. Fresh out of Police Academy decided that we were not respecting his Ahthoritah

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

and he turned his dick switch on.  I was waiting for him to pull his gun!  Where do they get these bipolar jackasses?!  I could understand if we were drunk or beligerant but neither was the case.  I see a wife beating in this guys future.  >:(
Back to the top

There were USF fans running around and screaming after the game in FAU fans faces and whatnot.  Rule A when you go to another teams stadium is you dont do that.  I hope one day that fans from other schools are nervous to wear their schools apparel in our stadium…thats how college football is.  I just couldn't imagine running around Raymond James after a win in a FAU jersey and screaming at USF fans and expecting positive feedback.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

From around the Internet...

owlcoholic said

Hey BMarkey…we were right there when the guy went flying off the couch on the car.  There is a Darwin award just waiting to be handed out.  As for the FLPD…can you say Assholes!?  We were tossing the ball waiting for the traffic to subside a little before we headed out.  This FLPD that looked like he was still in high school came up to my friend and was like…"You guys need to get out of here".  My buddy was cordial and joked with him.  He told him we were just going to wait a little longer until the traffic was less and all of a sudden Mr. Fresh out of Police Academy decided that we were not respecting his Ahthoritah

and he turned his dick switch on.  I was waiting for him to pull his gun!  Where do they get these bipolar jackasses?!  I could understand if we were drunk or beligerant but neither was the case.  I see a wife beating in this guys future.  >:(

Yeah, I can see Officer Butthole, with an APB out for all of the "Mean Bullies" that, treated him badly in High School.
Back to the top
Control functions: