Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty: By the numbers

Is Rusty Smith in the middle of a record season… as a sophomore?

* After 6 games Rusty has 1,548 yards passing, which already ranks as the third highest SEASON total in FAU history. He's on pace for 3,096 yards, which would top Jared Allen's FAU record of 3,003 in 2003.

* Rusty has 12 touchdown passes, which also ranks third in SEASON totals. He's one behind Jared for second place and is on pace to tie Jared's record of 24 TDs from 2003.

* He's already second on the CAREER yards list behind  Allen and one TD behind Danny Embick for second all-time.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Rusty: By the numbers

He is having an outstanding season, but his completion % needs to get better. He needs help from all that catch his passes. We have had a lot of unnecessary drops.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Is Rusty Smith in the middle of a record season… as a sophomore?

* After 6 games Rusty has 1,548 yards passing, which already ranks as the third highest SEASON total in FAU history. He's on pace for 3,096 yards, which would top Jared Allen's FAU record of 3,003 in 2003.

* Rusty has 12 touchdown passes, which also ranks third in SEASON totals. He's one behind Jared for second place and is on pace to tie Jared's record of 24 TDs from 2003.

* He's already second on the CAREER yards list behind  Allen and one TD behind Danny Embick for second all-time.

i honestly believe he will shatter that record…we have yet to put up our best numbers in the air…

especially if we keep progressing with intensity and desire as we did last Saturday…

USF has a good pass defense, and there is none that we will see in the Belt that will match them at this point…
Back to the top

Rusty: By the numbers

what's going to help even more is our schedule get much easier. halfway through and its all belt teams besides UF.

Is anyone thinking that we can play with UF and keep it close? I am.
Back to the top

jdirico said

my thinking is that based on the kentucky pivet, and now the USF full turn, we will score a minimum of two TDs against them…and put up a cuple FGs as well…(that wont happen to Leroy twice)

think it could be a somewhat close game…
Back to the top

jdirico said

what's going to help even more is our schedule get much easier. halfway through and its all belt teams besides UF.

If UF played at Lockhart I think it would be a close game, will be tough for us to hang with them on the road.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: