Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shavon Shine - Verbal Committ

Add topic

Shavon Shine - Verbal Committ

rivals.com is reporting a verbal from Two Star Shavin Shine, 6-3 SG, out of Arcadia, FL…

Shine is a teammate of Dago Pena on the Florida Rams AAU Team…

diggin for info…not alot on this guy out there…so far what i could find:

Season Stats  Statistic Definitions
Scoring/Shooting 2FGM  3FGM FGM   FTM FTA FT   Points  PPG%  AAP  RBPG
Season Totals:     54       60   114    26   38   68    487    18.0      .6     ?

Recruited by:

FAU
Western Kentucky
VCU
Back to the top

Re: Shavon Shine - Verbal Committ

come on Florida Owl, we need more then that.

I'm having a hard time finding much on him too.
Back to the top

Re: Shavon Shine - Verbal Committ

Well, Ted's blog offers this on him:

"Well, how timely that during an off week there would be basketball news.

FAU got oral commitments from two recruits this week, 6-6 forward Dago Pena and 6-2 guard Shay Shine.

Both played this summer on the Florida Rams AAU travel team, and they came as a combo.

Shine had to take time off from his QB duties at Desoto County High to make his commitment, and told the Herald Tribune he wants to play football for the Owls. We’ll see how that goes. Not sure how The Voice or T-Rex will feel about it, given what has happened with Avery Holley. That’s been a lose-lose-lose for coach-coach-athlete.

But, on the hardcourt these two could have an immediate impact.

Pena goes to Charlotte High in Punta Gorda and averaged 16.1 points last season. He was the more sought-after of the two, with interest from Michigan, Virginia Commonwealth and Mississippi.

He told me he picked FAU because it was a good fit.

“Yes, I had bigger schools interested, but FAU they showed me they really wanted me. It’s a growing program, and Rex is an awesome coach who has been in the NBA and knows how to get there.

I know we have a chance to win the conference. I can have an impact as a freshman.

Everything was perfect. I watched a practice and the players were cool. I want to be close to my family, and Shay coming, too.

We are going to win. We always play to win, and we will win there.”

He gets an A-plus for his first interview. Certainly saying all the right things.

I talked with Matt Ramker, coach of the Florida Rams, whose team is a powerhouse, with a couple of his players headed to UF, another to Boston College and one considering offers from Marquette, Clemson and Louisville.

He said T-Rex has done a good job of focusing on Florida. “They are both guys who will help Rex with the Sun Belt and play in the NCAA tournament,” Ramker said.

Shine, who averaged 18 points a game last season, was being recruited by Belt rival Western Kentucky, as well as Alabama-Birmingham, Western Carolina and Charleston Southern.

Longtime readers know I don’t get all excited about commitments, especially oral ones, and caution against fans abut getting all in a lather.

First there is the chance they might not show up. Anyone recall that point guard that disappeared and never showed up last season?

Second, we really don’t know how good they are. We are relying on the opinion of very biased people when it is their high school/AAU coaches and the college coach that lands them are the ones talking."

Ted Hutton/Sun Sentinel
Back to the top
Control functions: