Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Ad Agency

Add topic

What will this mean for the "Millimut" group and does anybody know anything about these guys. I would hate to go from the skilet to the fire.

ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT SIGNS THE LEFFLER AGENCY AS AGENCY OF RECORD - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site
Back to the top

Re: New Ad Agency

waste

of

money

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

New Ad Agency

fauowl09 said

waste

of

money

agreed:

Agency = middle man who is paid to either tell you how to do your job, or do your job…

it is not an expense that should be incurred by an administration…

Workaround:

Sponsor a sports management garduate  in an internship to the company fo choice to evalaute, study, and report on thier business model…make necessary staffing/strategic planning adjustments, and incoporate itra-departmentally the findings

Back to the top

Ok.  We complain when we don't market anything and now we complain when we are trying to move up a notch.

Say what you want.  I will decide after they have had an opportunity to sell tickets.

We need help and this may be the help we need.

Their resume doesn't sound too bad to me:

The Leffler Agency, in business since 1984, has more sports/entertainment accounts than any agency in the nation. Leffler has a national reputation for helping teams sell tickets. Sports programs that regularly produce admissions growth sales include Connecticut, Navy, George Mason and Rutgers. Leffler works with 16 college teams and several professional teams such as the Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Bucs, and the Baltimore Ravens.

Go Owls!!!

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

waste

of

money

I agree with fauowl…

Everyone one this board complains that FAU doesn't do enough to promote and advertise our athletics and when they go out and take a proactive stance with what appears to be a rebutable agency the first two responses from two of the biggest posters on this board are negative with nothing, NOTHING, to back it up.

Seriously, what is the wrong with you guys, this could be a move in the right direction.  If you know it's not give us some facts or keep the negative crap to yourselves.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

what facts do you want? an ad agency is, like florida owl said, is YOU paying THEM for them to tell you how to do your job?

how hard is it to sell an exciting, up-and-coming, community-based, hometown team, with THREE amazing coaches throughout football/basketball/baseball?

marketing has dropped the ball for the past SEVEN years… they promoted TWO games in the past calendar year (basketball vs. FIU - Bury The Burrow and football vs. USF)… there should be a marketing blitz comparable to those two for EVERY home game… it's not rocket science

again… how hard is it to sell a program that:

- is statistically the fastest, most successful start-up football program in modern college football history?
- is coached by a Miami Hurricane legend?
- is going to have a beautiful new home in 2010?
- has witnessed back-to-back winning seasons in basketball for the first time in its history?
- is coached by a college basketball legend, whose name hangs in the rafters at Allen Fieldhouse?
- is going to play in a completely refurbished home that is now worth $10 million of upgrades?
- is coached on the women's side by a 100-game winner?
- is coached by a baseball coach that has won 800 games?
- has been to baseball regionals 8 times?
- has won an NCAA-record 34-consecutive baseball games?

want me to keep going?

OUR PROGRAM SHOULD SELL ITSELF BY NOW, IF MARKETING HAD TAKEN THE CORRECT STEPS 2-3-4 YEARS AGO

yes… i bag on marketing a LOT on this board… but the answer is not SPEND MONEY on having someone tell you how to do your job… GREAT CREATIVE AND DO YOUR JOB YOURSELF

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Ok.  We complain when we don't market anything and now we complain when we are trying to move up a notch.

Say what you want.  I will decide after they have had an opportunity to sell tickets.

We need help and this may be the help we need.

Their resume doesn't sound too bad to me:

The Leffler Agency, in business since 1984, has more sports/entertainment accounts than any agency in the nation. Leffler has a national reputation for helping teams sell tickets. Sports programs that regularly produce admissions growth sales include Connecticut, Navy, George Mason and Rutgers. Leffler works with 16 college teams and several professional teams such as the Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Bucs, and the Baltimore Ravens.

Go Owls!!!

hold on here, i dont think anyone is complaining…just discussing ;)

have posted numerious times on the staffing and short term marketing strategy we employed from 96' - 00', so no need to rerpeat it…but we had ALOT less to work with (see fauowl09's list above, and then take away football alltogether) than they do now, and got the same, and better in some cases, results…

lest just put it this way…there is more than one way to skin a cat…and they are choosing the most exepensive way to do it:

a high priced consultant

again, this is just for discussion sake…i for one Hope they now sell the stadium out EVERY single game form this point on!!!
Back to the top

if they get more butts in the seats who cares. the department isn't stupid, if it doesn't work out they'll cut them.
Back to the top

Coming from experience and working with the department, there is not enough money coming in to have big marketing campaigns like Bury the Burrow and USF. Period.

To get more money, they need more donations. To get more money, they need butts in the seats. To do both of those, you need marketing money.

It's a double-edged sword.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

When FAU can flush a half-million dollars down the toilet (errr, to a fired ... errr, resigned administrator), it can find enough money to market its own major sports!
Back to the top
Control functions: