Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC games this weekend

Louisiana-Monroe
@ North Texas  7:00 PM Sat Oct 13
ESPN GamePlan

Louisiana-Lafayette
@ Arkansas State  7:00 PM Sat Oct 13
XOS Webcast

Middle Tennessee
@ Memphis  8:00 PM Sat Oct 13

Who do we want to win in these games this weekend ??

Obviously MTSU over Memphis – but not going to happen. What about the others - do we want more losses or even # of losses as we go into conference play ?  IMO - we want even # of losses.

I am rooting for :

MTSU over Memphis

NT over LM

Ark over LL

Back to the top

Re: SBC games this weekend

SBC games this weekend

WINGS said

I am rooting for :

MTSU over Memphis

NT over LM

Ark over LL

True or false… if NT beats ULM then it almost doesn't matter how we do against ULM because NT already beat them and we already beat NT?

When I say doesn't matter I mean in terms of getting a bowl bid.
Back to the top

Louisiana-Monroe vs North Texas:
-The edge goes to Monroe even if it's a road game for them, but North texas will get their first victory and nocth a win at HOME.

Louisiana-Lafeyette vs Arkansas State:
-Arkansas St. is tough to beat at home and should bounce back with a victory at home.

Middle Tennessee vs Memphis:
-After a very disappointing loss in a game the Raiders SHOULD have won last week, I don't think they will be able to bounce back against Memphis this week and continue their tails spin downward.
Back to the top

I know it isn't an SBC game, but what are your thoughts on the USF-UCF game? On one hand, I'd like to see UCF win, just to quiet some of their fans and their coach (after the "aren't in the same room" comment). But a USF win will make us hanging in with them so well look all the more impressive.

I'm kind of rooting for UCF for the upset, but I think USF is the better team. I guess we'll see at noon tomorrow.
Back to the top

Te problem with rooting for UCF - well, other than making many of us ill - is that we would never hear the end of it. Those fans are so cocky in general (with no real reason) that this win could just make the entire state and region sick to its stomach.

Many UCF'ers thought this would be their year, with the new stadium and all. And that school - despite having a good season - has been so overshadowed by the Bullstuff as to not even exist on the radars of most college football fans.
Back to the top

We absolutely want USF to crush UCF. If UCF beat USF it makes it look like our showing against USF was no big deal. However, if UCF gets crushed by USF it would now put FAU as 5th best time in Florida and not to far behind USF. I also think that a USF pounding over UCF would help our recruiting tremendously. This would also confirm my thinking (and hopefully many others) that FAU is a much better team then UCF.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

We absolutely want USF to crush UCF. If UCF beat USF it makes it look like our showing against USF was no big deal. However, if UCF gets crushed by USF it would now put FAU as 5th best time in Florida and not to far behind USF. I also think that a USF pounding over UCF would help our recruiting tremendously. This would also confirm my thinking (and hopefully many others) that FAU is a much better team then UCF.

ditto……………

it only helps us…big time…
Back to the top

faudiehard said

EXACTLY!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

EXACTLY!!!

USF over UCF. That's what I'm hoping.
Back to the top

Having USF demolish  UCF would be nice.

The game to watch thought is the ULL/ASU game tonight, the loser of that game will have two losses in conference play and pretty much is half-way out the door.  ULL does have the best rushing offense in the belt, averaging 322.5 yds/gm and their very mobile QB Desormeaux gets a good chunk of those yards & he also possesses a good arm.
Back to the top
Control functions: