Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Very impressed with FAU

We had a great time at the game.  The tailgating was a blast!

You’re team fought hard, executed well and played disciplined football.  Luckily for us, your kicker had an off day.  While we didn’t play our best game, much of that can be attributed to play of FAU.  Your D-line played very well and your secondary did a nice job in coverage.  That LB you have, #45 is a player.

Good luck the rest of the year….Win the SunBelt!!
Back to the top

Re: Very impressed with FAU

Thanks, JC, it was a great game. I've been avoiding calling my sister this morning ;). Good luck with the rest of the season, any attention and goals you acheive this year will hopefully reflect well for our program. You have a great physical team, and it was nice to see both teams play a physical, clean game.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I feel bad that we could provide the USF fanbase, with the "Cakewalk", that so many thought would happen. 3 missed FG's, & failure to "Wrap up" on a couple of plays, was PART of the difference. It's a process, & we are making strides in the right direction.

Moral victories don't exist, but lessons are always learned, win or lose.
Back to the top

proudowl said

Thanks, JC, it was a great game. I've been avoiding calling my sister this morning ;). Good luck with the rest of the season, any attention and goals you acheive this year will hopefully reflect well for our program. You have a great physical team, and it was nice to see both teams play a physical, clean game.

Thanks Proud.  You guys ( and gals  ;) are definitely heading in the right direction and quite frankly, your fast progression should continue.  Hopefully in the future with conference realingments you guys will be poised to make the move into a BCS conference.  I along with many Bulls fans, were worried about this game because we knew CHS would have y'all ready to play.

I look forward to rooting for you guys in a bowl game this year!!!!
Back to the top

JC,

Thanks for the comments, it was a great time had by everyone.  We had a group of 15 people with us and we had several Bulls fans/alumni with us, including my sister.  The game was great, and I am still pumped up over our great showing.  Good luck next week against UCF, I will be there with a cold one in my hands cheering with you guys.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Thanks for a great game.  You guys are a much better team than I knew!  The tailgating was great and the game exciting.  Well worth the trip down.  I liked your program before the game and even more after.  Gosh, you guys remind me so much of us a few years ago.

Thanks for the great time.  Hope we get to play in your new stadium.
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

Thanks for a great game.  You guys are a much better team than I knew!  The tailgating was great and the game exciting.  Well worth the trip down.  I liked your program before the game and even more after.  Gosh, you guys remind me so much of us a few years ago.

Thanks for the great time.  Hope we get to play in your new stadium.

I just hope after you guys new-found success that, you guys don't get the "Big Head" & start to think you're "Too Big" & "Good" to travel. We just played the 1st game of a 2 for 1 series with you guys, with the next two at your location in 2010 & 2013. Hopefully we can squeeze USF into our schedule in 2011 at our new "Pad", & if we're in the Big East at that point, then we'll just be neighbors.
Back to the top

<…& if we're in the Big East at that point, then we'll just be neighbors.>

Wouldn't that be cool?  I have a better idea…all Florida football teams break away and form our own conference!

Actually, of all the Florida football teams, I would pick you guys for the Big East.  Would you guys go for a "Football only" bid?  That might be the only way the BE expands.
Back to the top

Very impressed with FAU

highly, highly unlikely we'd take a football only bid… even more so, highly, highly unlikely the BE offers a football only bid

how about:

The Sunshine State Conference
Florida
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Miami
South Florida
UCF
Florida International
Jacksonville (currently division i-aa)
Bethune-Cookman (currently division i-aa)
Florida A&M (currently division i-aa)
North Florida (creating a program by 2009 ? i think)

hahha… i know i know, it will never happen

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

It going to be interesting to see everything develop as our stadium move from the drawing board to an actual edifice and how much effect it has on recruiting, but also attracting NEW donors with the possibility of moving to another conference.  But we must be more cautious with a move this time and make sure our facilities & everything else is in order.  Hopefully by 2010 our baseball facilities will upgraded as well.
Back to the top
Control functions: