Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU a threat this year?

Add topic

Sergio appearantly thinks so:

Once Upon a Time in FIU Basketball. . . . | FIU Panthers Prowl

i still dont see how they landed these guys given last years record and their facilities…the recruiting class looks good on paper, and by his words…but they (all signees) got NO attention form ANY scouting services - not that it means anyting truly, but cmon no attention??

yet, whats a coach to do, but talk up his new players…so, i cant balme him there…

yes, our man Rex has the skinny, and advantage when it comes to evaluating talent and making the investment of a scholarship offer…and despite the "feelings, and talk-up" provided by Sergio, i say it is still "Owl Time"…

But, well see…game time will be here before we know it…

Cant wait…

Back to the top

Re: FIU a threat this year?

Even FIU is allowed to dream  ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

why did the guy from perperdine transfer? I'm not scared.
Back to the top

FIU a threat this year?

jdirico said

why did the guy from perperdine transfer?

i think this is why, and also why he didnt get any pub…he appears to be a bit "stiff" on paper…this was his junior year's stats at pepperdine:

GP  MIN/G  PTS/G   REB/G   AST/G     FG %
16   17        5         2.8        0.4       45.7

two things immediately pop out…his FG%, and his rebounding…at 7-0 tall you should be doing well above 45.7% FG…it should be closer to 60%…and RPG should be significantly higher as well…

as Dusky said, sounds like Sergio is dreaming - at least with this guy…

Back to the top

I don't think he is as good as Sergio wants to say, nor as bad as some here imply he might be.  Not that it matters much but, those stats were for his sophomore campaign, after missing the first 11 games of the season with a broken foot, not his junior year.

This is his bio:  http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=49082&SPID=4764&DB_OEM_ID=11700&ATCLID=1275055&Q_SEASON=2007
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

those stats were for his sophomore campaign, after missing the first 11 games of the season with a broken foot, not his junior year.

i pulled those stats from cbssportsline.com…they listed him as a junior, so i figured the stats are from his junior year…

and they still have him at pepperdine…….

, , NCAA Basketball - CBSSports.com

Back to the top
Control functions: