Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs UCF

FAU vs UCF

After watching both teams play the Bulls, in my opinion FAU is a faster team than UCF.  UCF appears to have a bigger offensive line than FAU and would have some success running the football.  On the flip side FAU's receivers would have success against UCF's secondary.  FAU also has more speed on defense than UCF.  FAU played with more heart and spirit than UCF which was odd.  FAU has a great coach and some real talent on the football team, you guys deserve more fan support.  Owlfans please do not take this as being disrespectful, but I think that FAU and UCF should have a home and home series, the games would be close and entertaining.  This would allow FAU to bolster their attendance and eventually get an invite into CUSA. Good Luck on the season and win the Sunbelt.
Back to the top

Re: FAU vs UCF

Personally i would love to play UCF anually, maybe eventually becoming a nice rivalry since USF could care less about playing them.  But for some reason UCF doesnt want to play us.  ???
Back to the top

I believe UCF doesn't want to play us because FAU put a huge scare into them in 2003 when we were I-AA. There's no other reason I can think of…it would be a good series.  Schnelly has been saying for a while that UCF and FAU should be playing each other every year, so there is interest on our end.

I can understand (although don't agree with) the reason for USF not wanting to play UCF. They're in a BCS conference and it really doesn't do them all any good…if they win they were supposed to and if they lose their season is done. But UCF has no such excuse when it comes to playing the Owls. 
Back to the top

If you look at UCF's history, the Knights stop playing any mid-major that can or does beat them regularly. The Troy-UCF games drew some of UCF's largest crowds, yet UCF halted the series after a bunch of Troy wins. But UCF will play other lesser-considered SunBelt teams.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

If you look at UCF's history, the Knights stop playing any mid-major that can or does beat them regularly. The Troy-UCF games drew some of UCF's largest crowds, yet UCF halted the series after a bunch of Troy wins. But UCF will play other lesser-considered SunBelt teams.

So shouldn't UCF set up a series with FIU then?

If they really stop playing people that beat them, that's kind of sad.

fauowls44 said

I can understand (although don't agree with) the reason for USF not wanting to play UCF. They're in a BCS conference and it really doesn't do them all any good…if they win they were supposed to and if they lose their season is done.
That makes sense. I thought it was just USF being big-headed about it.
Back to the top

Well now that the USF vs UCF game is over and USF won (like I hoped). I say we quit all the b.s.ing. USF is not all they are cracked up to be. They are walking around thinking their sh_t don't stink and it stinks plenty.

It is an absolute joke for USF to be in the Top 10 let alone Top 5. These USF fans think they are now on the same level as UM, FSU & UF. That is a COMPLETE JOKE. The reason those teams are known for being so great is because THEY DO IT YEAR AFTER YEAR. USF is having the best year of their lives. Next year they are going to be the same as Rutgers & Boise State. In 2008 FAU will be able to beat the piss out of USF. Unfortunately though, that game will not happen, because chicken sh_t Leavitt will keep saying that "We are not in the same room as USF" in order to avoid playing us. To all those USF fans when you win multiple national championships or you have your players become Heisman winners, maybe then you could start talking your smack, until then GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM and shut your mouth. And while you are in your room thinking how great your sorry ass program is, give a big thank you to FAU for missing those field goals, because without that your season is done.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Well now that the USF vs UCF game is over and USF won (like I hoped). I say we quit all the b.s.ing. USF is not all they are cracked up to be. They are walking around thinking their sh_t don't stink and it stinks plenty.

It is an absolute joke for USF to be in the Top 10 let alone Top 5. These USF fans think they are now on the same level as UM, FSU & UF. That is a COMPLETE JOKE. The reason those teams are known for being so great is because THEY DO IT YEAR AFTER YEAR. USF is having the best year of their lives. Next year they are going to be the same as Rutgers & Boise State. In 2008 FAU will be able to beat the piss out of USF. Unfortunately though, that game will not happen, because chicken sh_t Leavitt will keep saying that "We are not in the same room as USF" in order to avoid playing us. To all those USF fans when you win multiple national championships or you have your players become Heisman winners, maybe then you could start talking your smack, until then GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM and shut your mouth. And while you are in your room thinking how great your sorry ass program is, give a big thank you to FAU for missing those field goals, because without that your season is done.

Diehard, relax.  If FAU were #5 during a fluke year when all the top schools were being upset, I guarantee us FAU fans would be cocky as hell.  I work with a bunch of USF fans and am not looking forward to Monday morning's "We will be in the national championship game" banter, but it is what it is.  And I agree with you that Leavitt is a dbag, but they agreed to a 3 game series with us.  I believe we play them next in 2010 then 2013.  Just more time for us to close the gap!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

faudiehard said

We play USF in 2010 & 2013.
Back to the top

Baller07 said

faudiehard said

Diehard, relax.  If FAU were #5 during a fluke year when all the top schools were being upset, I guarantee us FAU fans would be cocky as hell.  I work with a bunch of USF fans and am not looking forward to Monday morning's "We will be in the national championship game" banter, but it is what it is.  And I agree with you that Leavitt is a dbag, but they agreed to a 3 game series with us.  I believe we play them next in 2010 then 2013.  Just more time for us to close the gap!

Go Owls!

Sorry about that…I am just getting really tired of hearing all the USF garbage. Especially when our team has the same level of talent and gets zero respect. As for 2010 & 2013…I CAN'T WAIT.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Baller07 said

faudiehard said

Go Owls!

Sorry about that…I am just getting really tired of hearing all the USF garbage. Especially when our team has the same level of talent and gets zero respect. As for 2010 & 2013…I CAN'T WAIT.

Same here.  They play at Rutgers next week then the Cincy game in Tampa is the last challenge.  2 losses would put smack their fans back into reality.
Back to the top
Control functions: