Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Rankings

I've been watching a similiar thread over on the USF site that had USF fans voting in a ranking of Fl schools. On the most part the USF fans voted FAU over UCF Of course the UCF fans were in complete denial although that might change after this weekends little Bullwuppin they got. Just figured why not start a similiar thread over here during an off weekend to have a little fun and to see what you folks think. Heres my personal take.

1./2. UF/USF still too close to call
3. FSU
4. Miami
5. FAU - Although as unbelievable as it might seem to miami fans, the way FAU played last week FAU could actually be #4.
6. UCF
7. FIU
Back to the top

Re: Florida Rankings

Based on all the play I've seen this year and the beat down USF just put on UCF, it is very possible the following is true:

1.  UF
2.  USF
3.  FAU
4.  FSU
5.  Miami
6.  UCF
7.  FIU
Back to the top

OwlDad said

Based on all the play I've seen this year and the beat down USF just put on UCF, it is very possible the following is true:

1.  UF
2.  USF
3.  FAU
4.  FSU
5.  Miami
6.  UCF
7.  FIU

Well if that is the case and we beat UF… we were only 2:00 minutes and 3 made field goals away from being the best team in Florida. Yippie Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :D
Back to the top

My rankings:

1. Florida
2. South Florida
3. Miami
4. Florida Atlantic
5. Florida State
6. UCF
7. Florida A&M
8. Bethune-Cookman
9. Jacksonville
10. Edward Waters
11. North Florida (in the process of creating a team… fielding in 2009, i believe)
12. FIU

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

::) ;D :D 
Back to the top

UNF has no current plans to add football. They want to in the future but nothing is currently in the works. UNF has other plans and goals they want to see completed before they start talking about adding football.

This article is a year old.

Q&A: Football isn't in plans at UNF ... for now | Jacksonville.com

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Florida Rankings

even with no team, nor a planned team, i'd still put them up against FIU

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

even with no team, nor a planned team, i'd still put them up against FIU

They have, what, 1500 Greeks at UNF.

The school could put together some sort of football team from those guys for your hypothetical game.
Back to the top

They talked about it about four years ago and then something happened and decided not to. I believe they had a change in leadership at the school. A friend was looking into it for his son who eventually went to Jacksonville. I also read something on there web site back then they mentioned either D-II or D-1AA and eventually to D-1. I can't remember the reason but about a yerar later it died. Thsy even had something on the helmet web site with a picture of a proposed helmet.
Back to the top

Who is University of North Florida?  ???
Back to the top
Control functions: