Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SunBelt - CUSA Shake-up?

There's been a lot of talk of late about the SunBelt getting at least one more automatic bowl bid (with, perhaps, an ACC opponent going to New Orleans each year to face our champ), and maybe two.

Now on the Troy board there are rumblings about a shake-up in CUSA that would see teams going into the SunBelt and other conferences.

What do you all think? The 'Belt might wind up being a decent conference in the long run, especially if the heavy hitters stay and we get a few well known CUSA and WAC schools.

See:
http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8003
Back to the top

Re: SunBelt - CUSA Shake-up?

i have no idea what he is saying… is he speaking english?

when he refers to USAC, is that Conference USA?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Sorry. I should have explained "Mr. Ho".

He is a big fan from way back when who has several identities on the Troy board. This username is of the fictional Chinese man who owns an actual longtime Asian restaurant in Troy (not sure whether it is even still there). In past years, he would end all of his posts with some hilarious reference to the special of the day (usually involving cats).

He loves to make up names for other teamns and confernces. I love the "Orlando Community College" reference myself.

But "he" apparently is connected to a pipeline and has been on the mark with other predictions. "He" is a bit difficult to understand and is an acquired taste.
Back to the top

I'm sorry I couldn't understand anything he was saying…..I guess that really is an acquired taste (not to mention slightly racist) so could you translate what he is suggesting BMarkey? Is the only team coming to the SBC Southern Miss? That would make sense only because it would bring the number of teams to 10 when you include WKU, which would make scheduling easier.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm sorry I couldn't understand anything he was saying…..I guess that really is an acquired taste (not to mention slightly racist) so could you translate what he is suggesting BMarkey? Is the only team coming to the SBC Southern Miss? That would make sense only because it would bring the number of teams to 10 when you include WKU, which would make scheduling easier.

Heck, bring 4 teams, so we can have a conference championship game. Why not?
Back to the top

Ah… realignment talk…

CUSA has four private school (Rice, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa), two of which (Rice, Tulsa) are very small. On the other hand, most of their public institutions are certainly on par with the SBC (all public except for Denver) in terms of academics. There are a lot of nice, compact regional alignments that could be made if you mixed up the teams from the two conferences.

Personally, I think CUSA is a far more likely target than the Big East (it's still a stretch to go from the SBC to the Big East…). When CUSA realigns FAU and FIU should be at the top of their list. There are no more MAC or WAC schools that make sense for them to take. They already passed on UNT and La Tech.
Back to the top

Just read the post(s)…

Mr. Ho is the bomb!

i love this guy…didnt see anything rascist though??  i think he is just playing "character" in his wirtings…

anyway, am eager to see if this, as the other, "sharings" he has made come to pass…

could definitley see it benefiting the Belt, and USA…USA is only regarded as being "above the Belt" due to school recognition and longevity of program(s)…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Just read the post(s)…

Mr. Ho is the bomb!

i love this guy…didnt see anything rascist though??  i think he is just playing "character" in his wirtings…

Hey, i'm personally not offended by it, but you don't see anything racist about that???
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Florida_Owl said

Just read the post(s)…

Mr. Ho is the bomb!

Hey, i'm personally not offended by it, but you don't see anything racist about that???

no…not really…im mean, how??  hes acting…well, at least thats what it appeasr to me…he's just playing character…
Back to the top

SunBelt - CUSA Shake-up?

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

Florida_Owl said

Just read the post(s)…

Mr. Ho is the bomb!

no…not really…im mean, how??  hes acting…well, at least thats what it appeasr to me…he's just playing character…

Well first of all…"playing a character" on a message board?  Lame.  I assume this guy is an adult…just post on a message board in a way normal people can understand.

2nd, the guy calls himself "Mr. Ho" and writes as an Asian stereotype.  I'm not Asian, but I wouldn't blame someone who is for being offended by that.  If it was some guy imitating a stereotypical black person, would you still think that is funny?
Back to the top