Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

Add topic

no one has started it yet… so i guess i'll go ahead and start it

My Owls Keys To The Game:

1) STOP their run - their quarterback is their leading rusher, gaining 700+ yards on the season so far… their running back has amassed 450+ yards… in other words, their SECOND best rusher has 100 MORE yards than our starting running back… we need to contain their quarterback (dez… too lazy to spell his whole name)

2) Establish OUR run game - rose looked good against USF… d-i edge looked good running routs as a receiver… pierre trucked and trucked and gave 100% with every carry, but in the end, his performance this season has yielded very little effect on our offense… rusty is on fire this season, but we NEED to start balancing this attack… if willie rose, the prototypical massive powerhouse fullback, is the answer for us, then so be it… just RUN the ball effectively

3) Know that we're better - which we are… we're a better tan on every part of the ball… rushing they have statistically, but our pro-style offense should be able to counter their one-threat-running quarterback…. confidence is key after a week off from action

My Prediction:

Owls 41, Cajuns 20

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

I think if we defend against their running QB the way Rutgers did against USF (forcing ULL to pass more than they are want to) we will be successful.
Back to the top

WMEN 640AM - Internet Radio Broadcast of the FAU vs ULL game

Click on Listen LIVE:

Also, the is on ESPN GamePlan, 5:00PM & CSS TV (32 in PB), tape Delay at 7:00PM.
Back to the top

Tackling and special teams have been lacking and have been the # 1 things to cost us games.

If the receivers can't catch - the TEs are always reliable. Get the ball to Willie !!

GO OWLS !!
Back to the top

Game is on ESPN 360 - click on the ESPN link by the game information and watch for free on your PC. You may need to load the viewer to your PC.

NCAA College Football Scores, College Football Scores, NCAA Football Scoreboard and Results - ESPN

GO OWLS !!
Back to the top

I would like for us to start fast today, especially this being a road game.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

the biggest performance we need today… cerg and frantz joseph… we can't allow dez and finroy to run all over us

Back to the top

Big break for the Owls :D
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic at UL-Lafayette Game Thread (10/20/07)

nice big break... and nice job for warley... our field goals are (as we all know) not-so routine :P

Back to the top

i'll tell you… we have not run more than 2 rushing plays so far… i don't like the play calling so far… we need to establish the run

Back to the top
Control functions: