Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

close games

close games

Poorly played game.

But close games are beneficial to the growth of the team.  Thankfully they came out with the win in this won.  Could help not only this year but also in years to come.  Since they arenīt going for BCS a win is a win especially in conference. 
Back to the top

Re: close games

apetbrown said

Poorly played game.

Hmmm…

outside of two terrible calls on our scoring drive in the fourth quarter, the game wouldnt have been as close..there would never have been an overtime…

i think we played sluggishly on offense in the first have as far as our potential goes…but cant overllok the finish…

look at last years game at Lockhart (in comparison to see our growth), and i ask:

"Was this game really poorly played?"

IMO, we did alot of good things…and ULL played their best offensive game thus far…
Back to the top

We beat a conference opponent on the road.  Nobody should be dissapointed in anything.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

But none of us consider FAU as just a sunbelt team. We all want to be more. And when everyone else in the nation is running up the score on these guys its tough to swallow that we only beat them by 7 in overtime. Plus the way we won was so freaking lucky.
Back to the top

Perhaps I was just expecting too much, after the close game against a top 10 team, to come out  against ULL and barely win.  It may not have been poor but it wasn't what I was expecting, especially with all the talk of revenge for last year.

Not disappointed just expect a lot of this team. 
Back to the top

I think this team is doing what it has all year, it shows it's potential and it also holds its self-back, not being able to putting everything together just yet.

How the team finish is what we should be excited about, a year ago it would not have happen.  Sure special teams are struggling, but there are other factors that have been there since the first game and have remained including the last game  & I am sure will continue to persist thru-out the season.

I felt at the beginning of the year that we would lose a game we should win & I thought that demon finally showned it's ugly head on Sat., but that was clearly not the case. We are still in the hunt for the goal that was set at the begining of the season and that is the most important part.  We do hold our faith in our owns hands right now and that is a good thing.
Back to the top
Control functions: