Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SunBelt Not an "Also ran"

SunBelt Not an "Also ran"

You know, with what we've seen this year in college football, is it possible that maybe competition, talent, and coaching is just more widely dispersed now at the Div. 1 level?

Last night ULLM played some pretty good football. We spend too much time ragging on our team, without realizing that the level of competition has improved across the board.  :-\

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: SunBelt Not an "Also ran"

proudowl said

You know, with what we've seen this year in college football, is it possible that maybe competition, talent, and coaching is just more widely dispersed now at the Div. 1 level?

Last night ULL played some pretty good football. We spend too much time ragging on our team, without realizing that the level of competition has improved across the board.  :-\

I agree.  I said it the game thread.  ULL has some pretty good offensive talent.  Against the Sun Belt they are averaging 30.5 ppg.  They put 31 on Troy.  Everyone is talking about our D struggling, which it did at times, but the Cajuns can move the ball, that hasn't been their problem this year.  Plus, if you take away the poor special teams plays like the blocked FG for a TD and our punter dropping the ball and running with it on 4th and 22, then the score isn't so close.  But give ULL their due, they are no slouch offensively.
Back to the top

Desormeaux, is a very good athlete and he shown that yesterday.

It comes down to execution really.  You can't question the play calling at the beginning, but if the Cajuns where expecting us to run the ball early and we come out gunning instead and don't execute, which resulted in a very sluggish start for our offense & in the process made running the ball harder.  Once we started moving the ball thru the air, the running game found some life.

We have to face a very good runner in Dawson next week - another good athelete.
Back to the top

The level of competition in the Belt has been pretty solid (with the exception of FIU- and lets be fair, its not the players' fault there).

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I tried to tell you all that team was dangerous and would score points - especially on the ground.

Good win.
Back to the top

Desormeaux, is also very much like Tebow so hopefully we got a glimpse of what to expect from Florida. I'm not saying he is as strong as Tebow but runs plays similar.
Back to the top

Talon said

Desormeaux, is also very much like Tebow so hopefully we got a glimpse of what to expect from Florida. I'm not saying he is as strong as Tebow but runs plays similar.

I agree with you there 100%, it will also help with Troy I won't even attempt to spell his last name lol. I think they said that Desormeaux leads the nation in rushing for QB's. Good for him, good for the Sun Belt as well

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Last night ULLM played some pretty good football. We spend too much time ragging on our team, without realizing that the level of competition has improved across the board.  :-\

Give this man a prize…my thoughts EXACTLY!
Back to the top

Here some stats for you guys:

Total Rushing Yards

#13 Desormeaux, ULL 883 total yards, 5.8 Yds/C - avg 110.4 Yds/G
#16 Dawson, ULM 863 total yards, 5.6 Yds/C
#61 Tebow, UF 578 total  yards, 4.6 Yds/C
Back to the top

Bytor said

We have to face a very good runner in Dawson next week - another good athelete.

Which means that when FAU players are interviewed about their impression of Dawson, they're going to say something like, "He's a very athletic player" over and over again.

Well, he's an athlete, so obviously he's very athletic.
Back to the top
Control functions: