Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Our win against Minn....

Doesnt look so good now. I know they are at the bottom of the big ten, but North Dakota State.
Back to the top

Re: Our win against Minn....

OWLS said

Doesnt look so good now. I know they are at the bottom of the big ten, but North Dakato State.

You're right. This makes our win over Minnesota seem trivial. ND state is a 1AA team. In the same conference as Southern Utah. Apparently a good 1AA team at 7-0.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Thank you both!! I said that on Ted Hutton's Sun-Sentinel blog yesterday. The biggest games in history, in my mind, are..

1. Loss v. USF (fan support and national media coverage)
2. Win v. Hawaii (hurricane SLAMMING Boca Raton and these boys find a way to put aside concerns about their homes and their family's well-being for four-quarters and an overtime)
3. Win v. Northern Arizona (playoffs) (1,000 students show up to watch game at local restaurant. Yes, 1,000 did)
4. Win v. MTSU in 2003 (start of amazing season)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Our win against Minn....

smittysahoot said

Thank you both!! I said that on Ted Hutton's Sun-Sentinel blog yesterday. The biggest games in history, in my mind, are..

1. Loss v. USF (fan support and national media coverage)
2. Win v. Hawaii (hurricane SLAMMING Boca Raton and these boys find a way to put aside concerns about their homes and their family's well-being for four-quarters and an overtime)
3. Win v. Northern Arizona (playoffs) (1,000 students show up to watch game at local restaurant. Yes, 1,000 did)
4. Win v. MTSU in 2003 (start of amazing season)

Isn't it a little weird to put a picture of yourself as your avatar?

I disagree that a loss is our programs biggest game, that's sad if you think about it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Our win over Minnesota looks a helluva lot better than if we had lost that game.  We can only try to win the games on our schedule.  We won.  That's a great win.  Our loss over USF doesn't look as good now, either.  Who cares.  Let's look forward.  Our best games in our program's history are going to come every year.
Back to the top

I think # 1 still is the upset against Bethune (second game ever)….Granted it didnt mean much to the media..BUT it validated Schnellenberger..and made us look good…it made us look for real in the eyes of the student community and the Board.

2. Hawaii

3. USF loss

4. Minnesota
Back to the top

Yes, I agree that our win against Minn. was a big win for the program and I'm not taking anything away from the win. It was our first win against a BCS conference team, which is a big step for any program. I was just downing Minn. for losing to a team of a lower division, just as everyone downed Michigan. This has been a crazy year of college football and it only looks to be getting better every week.
Back to the top

If we had beat Michigan at home after it lost to Appalachian State would that have lessened it any or if we beat Miami when they aren't ranked don't really think so a win is a win!?!  The biggest statement that can catch recruits eyes is that we played against the big ten and won, and we will have more chances for that against Michigan State in the coming years.  The win against Minnesota was huge.
Back to the top

Sorry Guys, but I must have been the only one to think that them losing to NORTH DAKOTA STATE was funny. The title to the post was sarcasm and there was no intent to downgrade a great win for our program in anyway. 
Back to the top

I still think the first half of the Minnesota game was one of the most dominating two periods ever played by the Owls (offense and defense). Study those tapes for calls, execution, rhythm....
Back to the top
Control functions: