Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MICHIGAN in 2010??

Talk here in Ann Arbor is FAU @ Michigan in 2010? any word?
Back to the top

Re: MICHIGAN in 2010??

FAUALUM2005 said

Talk here in Ann Arbor is FAU @ Michigan in 2010? any word?

That would be awesome but I don't want to get hopes up yet. I'll ask Schnellenberger on his blog…
Back to the top

2010 (so far)

at UAB
Michigan State (home opener)
at South Florida

Lousiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
FIU
Troy
Western Kentucky
Arkansas State
Middle Tennessee
North Texas

that's 11… is Michigan a possibility to be our 12th game? your guess is as good as mine… we'll see

i know they are very close to closing a deal with Miami for 2009 at Dolphin Stadium

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Is that Michigan St. game going to be played at Dolphin Stadium?  Also, is that a 2 for 1 or a true home & home series.

Back to the top

MICHIGAN in 2010??

villun said

Is that Michigan St. game going to be played at Dolphin Stadium?  Also, is that a 2 for 1 or a true home & home series.

We play at Michigan State next year and in 2011. In 2010 they will be the first visiting team to face us in our NEW ON-CAMPUS STADIUM if everything goes as planned :).

It's a 2-for-1.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

villun said

We play at Michigan State next year and in 2011. In 2010 they will be the first visiting team to face us in our NEW ON-CAMPUS STADIUM if everything goes as planned :).

It's a 2-for-1.

I asked Schnellenberger about the Michigan rumor yesterday at the Traditions Plaza Dedication.
He said Michigan State, not Michigan. He said he got the Michigan State deal because of his friends there (which would also explain the Kentucky game). Michigan is a different story, apparently. And I don't imagine they'd want to schedule a top Sun belt team like FAU after what happened against App. State.

So that's the USC game shot down and the UMichigan game shot down.

I asked him about Miami in 2009 as well. He essentially said that (so far) they're not willing to agree to a 1 for 1 and HS is not really interested in anything else (2 for 1, 1 game shot at their home). I think this represents a real shift in our scheduling philosophy, going from "we'll play anybody" to "only if they'll agree to come here as well." Which I mostly agree with after experiencing the crowd at the USF game.

I imagine Lockhart is an almost impossible sell to big programs. When we get the OCS we'll have a little more bargaining power… especially if we can somehow break into the Top 50 by then.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Lm77 said

villun said

It's a 2-for-1.

I asked Schnellenberger about the Michigan rumor yesterday at the Traditions Plaza Dedication.
He said Michigan State, not Michigan. He said he got the Michigan State deal because of his friends there (which would also explain the Kentucky game). Michigan is a different story, apparently. And I don't imagine they'd want to schedule a top Sun belt team like FAU after what happened against App. State.

So that's the USC game shot down and the UMichigan game shot down.

I asked him about Miami in 2009 as well. He essentially said that (so far) they're not willing to agree to a 1 for 1 and HS is not really interested in anything else (2 for 1, 1 game shot at their home). I think this represents a real shift in our scheduling philosophy, going from "we'll play anybody" to "only if they'll agree to come here as well." Which I mostly agree with after experiencing the crowd at the USF game.

I imagine Lockhart is an almost impossible sell to big programs. When we get the OCS we'll have a little more bargaining power… especially if we can somehow break into the Top 50 by then.

It comes down to $$$. Miami is probably offering less than the SEC programs do, which makes the one-off game unappealing…

except that, because the game is at Dolphin Stadium it may as well be a neutral-site game. Traveling to play Miami is not like traveling to Oklahoma. I wonder if a one-for-one with both games at Dolphin Stadium has been considered?

I would be glad to see the annual one-off away game (Clemson, Kentucky, Texas, etc.) go away for good, except if it's against UF :).
Back to the top

Lm77 said

It comes down to $$$. Miami is probably offering less than the SEC programs do, which makes the one-off game unappealing…  I would be glad to see the annual one-off away game (Clemson, Kentucky, Texas, etc.) go away for good, except if it's against UF :)

I know. I just want to see us set up games with either UM or UCF, ideally both, and ideally we beat them both (even though most polls I've seen have us above UCF)

Coach says he thinks we could beat Miami if we played them this year. I've heard next year may be different since Miami expects to have a much better team next year. But doesn't everybody?
Back to the top
Control functions: